There are 252 users in the forums

Chicago Bears and Houston Texans

Shop 49ers game tickets
A shame two decent respectable, non cocky teams had to sustain major injuries taking them out of playoffs/true contention.

Anyone think the Bears might have been the next best balanced team in the NFC along with us?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Texans????
Bears weren't good enough in a lot of areas. losing Cutler hurt but there are holes all over that team. I have a hard time believing they were very balanced. no secondary, no receivers, dubious coaching, terrible offensive line.

Kolohe--I think he means the Texans went from a legit contender to a "happy to be here, try again next year team." I mean, we'll see, the way that D is playing, and that run game, anything is possible. But if they still had Schaub they'd be the team to beat in the entire field, IMO.
I think if the Bears had Cutler and Forte they would have beat out the Falcons for the Wildcard spot but could they beat New York at home? Probably not.
The Bears looked like one of the hottest teams in NFL up until that injury to Cutler... they need a dynamic WR and they will be pretty damn good.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Kolohe--I think he means the Texans went from a legit contender to a "happy to be here, try again next year team." I mean, we'll see, the way that D is playing, and that run game, anything is possible. But if they still had Schaub they'd be the team to beat in the entire field, IMO.
This. Their offense was good already but their defense sucked big-time year in and year out. Now they have one of the best defenses in business (2nd best unit against the pass, in terms of yards per attempt).
If Schaub were still healthy (and if they had anoyone besides Andre Johnson), they would have been a SB-contender, imo.
Share 49ersWebzone