LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 243 users in the forums

Let's take a moment to LOL at the J-E-T-S

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by danimal:
I was dead wrong.

I am a USC fan and was a big believer in Sanchez, I was wrong
I was a big believer in Ryan at HC, dead wrong
I was a big believer in Brian Schotty at OC and QB developer...ehh, hard to tell

I thought these Jets were going to bring down the Pats dynasty.

Yes, the lulz are well deserved

Yeah, I remember ninerjohn was a big fan as well.

Props for admitting it though.

I still think that Ryan is a half-decent HC. Big mouth? Yes.
ryan is a good coach

sanchez sucks however i knew he would coming out and for all the receiving targets and had best o line in nfl he still didnt produce for being an "nfl ready qb"
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
The Ryan approach to coaching looks great when you're winning. It's team-obliterating when you're not.

It's not sustainable. The honeymoon is over.
Originally posted by okdkid:
The Ryan approach to coaching looks great when you're winning. It's team-obliterating when you're not.

It's not sustainable. The honeymoon is over.
ya but if they had a decent qb they would easily be a 10 to 11 win team

with palmer being qb of future of raiders i think cambell may head out to ny

he is a conservative efficient qb who will come pretty cheap
totally lost control of this team ... just wow..
  • vaden
  • Veteran
During his first two seasons, I said Sanchez was vastly overrated and I blasted the media's treatment of him in comparison to Alex, but I'll say the same thing about Sanchez that I've said about Alex for 7 years: his team is built around defense and a strong running game. It's not his job to single-handedly win games. Last year, the Jets had a top 5 running game and top 5 defense. This year, both those facets of their game descended to mediocrity, whereas Sanchez actually improved slightly. In reality, the Jets scored more points this year and Sanchez is the sole reason for that. Everything else for the Jets is in decline, even Revis. But because of our incompetent media and an ignorant public, Sanchez takes most of the blame for the Jets' downfall.
Originally posted by vaden:
During his first two seasons, I said Sanchez was vastly overrated and I blasted the media's treatment of him in comparison to Alex, but I'll say the same thing about Sanchez that I've said about Alex for 7 years: his team is built around defense and a strong running game. It's not his job to single-handedly win games. Last year, the Jets had a top 5 running game and top 5 defense. This year, both those facets of their game descended to mediocrity, whereas Sanchez actually improved slightly. In reality, the Jets scored more points this year and Sanchez is the sole reason for that. Everything else for the Jets is in decline, even Revis. But because of our incompetent media and an ignorant public, Sanchez takes most of the blame for the Jets' downfall.

he has really good WR and one of the best o line in the nfl .. He has 8 turnivers like in the 3 games where they really only needed 1 win to get in playoffs
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
f**k the Ryans
I think Ryan's who schtick has backfired on him. He wanted to install a level of swagger to his team and it almost carried him all the way to the Super Bowl. Well, he came up short and not he has a bunch of guys with egos who can't pull it together and win as a team. IMO, this isn't going to be easy to correct and this team may get completely blown up and rebuilt within 2 years.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by vaden:

he has really good WR and one of the best o line in the nfl .. He has 8 turnivers like in the 3 games where they really only needed 1 win to get in playoffs

Their OL has regressed. It's not even close to being elite now, and that's part of the reason why their running game collapsed and Sanchez was sacked 39 times. And yes, Sanchez had a bad end to the season, but I'm talking about the season as a whole.
[ Edited by vaden on Jan 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM ]

Rex Ryan is a excellent coach. Anyone who thinks otherwise is stupid. The guy led them to the AFC championship game two years in a row with a horrible offense. Imagine if he had a real QB this whole time they would of won the Superbowl at least once. I understand why people don't like him because he runs his mouth but his schemes on defense are some of the best in the NFL.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
If Ryan is such a genius, why has his defense regressed from allowing 14.8 points a game in 2009 to 19 in 2010 and 22.7 in 2011?
The Jets D was what carried them when they made the 2 AFC title games.
the D Line was lacking this year and of course someone has to be blamed for it.
Their recent failure to make playoffs = karma for tampering with Crabtree before charges were dropped when he finally signed the contract. And Deion Sanders got a divorce...karma again for going public re: Crabtree's holdout and two other teams interested in him.

KARMA = WINNAR x 2!!
Share 49ersWebzone