LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

Giants fans....

Shop 49ers game tickets
Are showing respect on their forum.

Thread title:

"Do we really want the 49ers?"

Comments that are intellectual. Even the ones that fear NO more don't make it so automatic:

"our Giants would fare better if they played San Fran over Green Bay. But when you mentioned the whole 6 days rest and flying across the country thing, as would definitely be the case, I'm not so sure anymore. Showing up in San Fran bruised and tired against what you accurately said would be a well rested San Fran team could be disaster. They did fairly well against Green Bay, the best out of all the teams who lost to them. I think they would actually stand a better chance against them in a shoot out then against San Fran in a slug-fest. We would probably be a strict air attack offense against San Fran unless we got the run established against their obviously excellent run defense. Packers however are banged up, and I think Bradshaw could get almost 100 yards against them, combined with Eli's elite playoff and clutch passing, and that means to me I would rather see Green Bay then San Fran. Packers are a sitting duck, the most vulnerable 15-1 team I have seen, IMO. Let someone else take care of the '9ers."

I've lived in NY for most of my life after leaving SF......after many years post SF/NYG rivalry faded I started to show respect and root for NYG where appropriate.

If SF were to go down against anyone but NYG, I might support them in their playoff run.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
NY fans, intellectual?
Haha, sorry.

I meant to say they were reasonable, making thought out arguments.
Giants fans know their football, I'll give them that. Although they carry around a large ego, they also eat their own alive worse than anything else when things go south lol. You thought Niner Talk was bad? Just login to a Giants forum the night after they get eliminated from the playoffs lol.
We are like Ravens West. Teams know they will be in for a fight against us and know their team won't look very smooth against us. For teams that operate best when they can be smooth, that causes problems of getting them out of character and that's when players make mistakes.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Giants fans know their football, I'll give them that. Although they carry around a large ego, they also eat their own alive worse than anything else when things go south lol. You thought Niner Talk was bad? Just login to a Giants forum the night after they get eliminated from the playoffs lol.

ehhh... i wouldnt judge a fan base off of the "forums" of a team considering that is not even .5% of the fans out there guessing maybe you have a max 1,000 active posters... Just some people raging there heads into there keyboards :P
After this season they will be back in droves
Well take back a bit what I said...

In another thread they are celebrating the 25th anniversary of .....

Knocking Montana out of the Playoffs (jim burt '86 NFC divisional playoff game)....

I would rather play atl then saints, something about playing a team twice worries me. Plus this time around they will have Ahmed Bradshaw which can be a factor in the short passing game.
With this years team, the niners can go nowhere but up in fan attendance. If I still lived in the bay area I would picket them.

I went to the Giants vs Falcons game last week and the Giants fans were cool as s**t. Fans sitting next to us bought us beers, we blazed with other Giants fans in the stair well.

AND my roomate was wearing a Vick jersey.
I've lived in NY my whole life and the Giants fans that I've encountered have shown a lot of respect for the 49ers. Jets fans are a completely different story though...total dicks.
Man, the Giants players are confident they are going to win.
Share 49ersWebzone