LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

After browsing a lil on a Saints forum.....

Shop 49ers game tickets
I would consider a 49ers victory against them 10000 time sweeter than beating the Giants and Steelers combined.

:D

I certainly hope the Saints are underestimating us as much as their fanbase.
what are they saying?!?!
yeah they pretty much expect everything a cakewalk until the Green bay Pack game..
Originally posted by gold49digger:
what are they saying?!?!

Well the automatic assumption that after they beat DET, they beat us......as opposed to our balanced (even if slightly biased) discussion on this board. It's on to how they stack up to GB. And if it's the Giants, they have them at home........they really want that home game!!

Of course, the real kicker is "I don't think the 49ers could beat even Atlanta."

And if we rematch Lions or Giants, they beat us.

There was a smart fan on their acknowledging that a great D is always a threat in the playoffs, but naturally not the majority.

It seems like in the NFL until the UPSTART officially beats the ESTABLISHED, they cannot be considered favorites....and to most fanbases -- threats.

Maybe it's good that the Saints host the Lions....if they win, they will have none of that road team swagger like the '07 Giants.

I've never wanted to beat these guys this much before......even when we were NFC West foes!!!!!!!!!!!!! (probably because we never HAD to).
Their fans are super arrogant

Just browse Saintsreport.com if you want a taste

It's f**king frustrating to read

Of course, you have to remember that most of them are huge bandwagon fans that jumped on during the 2009 season. None of them dealt with sucking for 10 years like we've had to deal with.

I respect the Saints fans that have been around since the 1980s, they have some valid hate for us (because we always beat their ass despite their Dome Patrol defense) but f**k the bandwagoners. I agree with the OP, I really hope we crush them.
Don't care. They are idiots.....
Originally posted by nipplehead:
Their fans are super arrogant

Just browse Saintsreport.com if you want a taste

It's f**king frustrating to read

Of course, you have to remember that most of them are huge bandwagon fans that jumped on during the 2009 season. None of them dealt with sucking for 10 years like we've had to deal with.

I respect the Saints fans that have been around since the 1980s, they have some valid hate for us (because we always beat their ass despite their Dome Patrol defense) but f**k the bandwagoners. I agree with the OP, I really hope we crush them.

Frustrating?

It sure won't be frustrating to see their little bubble of arrogance go pop when the Saints leave town knocked out of the playoffs. Now I'm not saying I think the niners are absolutely going to destroy them, but the Saints are NOT the team on the road, on grass, that they are in the comfort of their dome.

I remember reading the completely fantastical stories from Giants fans on how they were going to annihilate us because they had Eli and we had Alex Smith, they seemed amused that 49er fans thought there was even a minuscule chance we would win. Oh how sweet that was.

Same goes for Lions fans. And Jim Schwartz, who told Harbaugh before the season that his team was going to suck right to his face. What's funny is the only fans I thought were not a pile of overconfident buffoons were Ravens fans, they actually talked about the 49ers with respect. I think Saints fans are scared, they just cover it up with a false sense of superiority, and deep down they know it.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
what are they saying?!?!

Well the automatic assumption that after they beat DET, they beat us......as opposed to our balanced (even if slightly biased) discussion on this board. It's on to how they stack up to GB. And if it's the Giants, they have them at home........they really want that home game!!

Of course, the real kicker is "I don't think the 49ers could beat even Atlanta."

And if we rematch Lions or Giants, they beat us.

There was a smart fan on their acknowledging that a great D is always a threat in the playoffs, but naturally not the majority.

It seems like in the NFL until the UPSTART officially beats the ESTABLISHED, they cannot be considered favorites....and to most fanbases -- threats.

Maybe it's good that the Saints host the Lions....if they win, they will have none of that road team swagger like the '07 Giants.

I've never wanted to beat these guys this much before......even when we were NFC West foes!!!!!!!!!!!!! (probably because we never HAD to).

Ha they barely beaten us with sing as HC. Saints havent tasted a real, tough, dirty defense that the niners have. Plus their soft ass defense will feel the wrath of gore and hunter... and occasionally dixon.

This will be Alex Smith's statement game that will prove to the rest of the NFL that he is the real deal.

Plus they got beaten by the rams LOL
someone should remind them how they got upset in a Playoff road game against an NFC West opponent last year. and that was as Super Bowl champions.
[ Edited by global_nomad on Jan 3, 2012 at 6:54 PM ]
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Frustrating?

It sure won't be frustrating to see their little bubble of arrogance go pop when the Saints leave town knocked out of the playoffs. Now I'm not saying I think the niners are absolutely going to destroy them, but the Saints are NOT the team on the road, on grass, that they are in the comfort of their dome.

I remember reading the completely fantastical stories from Giants fans on how they were going to annihilate us because they had Eli and we had Alex Smith, they seemed amused that 49er fans thought there was even a minuscule chance we would win. Oh how sweet that was.

Same goes for Lions fans. And Jim Schwartz, who told Harbaugh before the season that his team was going to suck right to his face. What's funny is the only fans I thought were not a pile of overconfident buffoons were Ravens fans, they actually talked about the 49ers with respect. I think Saints fans are scared, they just cover it up with a false sense of superiority, and deep down they know it.

I agree. Ravens fans were actually quite reasonable. It may be because their team is built so similarly to ours, or because they have a Harbaugh as a coach. I don't know. But they are the only fans that actually seemed to give the 49ers the respect due leading up to the game.

hey didnt they lose to the rams?
  • titan
  • Veteran
We will remind them that they are and always will be our punching bag! They got lucky with Brees and have been better than us the past few years, but that's over now!
I kinda hope the Lions kick their ass
meh

let em have their fun. It'll be over soon enough.
They average at least 10 less points on the road this season. i mean losing at St Louis
Share 49ersWebzone