LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Islam's GM moves for 2012 (feedback wanted)

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by islam:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by PrimeTime:
Why would they pay Blake Costanzo 6 mill? He is a special teamer

Originally posted by kujon11:
3 mill a year for ginn?
2 mill a year for spillman???

They get paid more than Josh Morgan.

Josh Morgan is believed to be better than he actually is, by the fanbase, of course! And he is coming off a broke leg and ankle

I dont think Josh Morgan is that good either but he will get a decent contract. Also why would go with a possession WR with a bad knee like Steve Smith. If anything go after Bowe, Jackson, Colston or Manningham.
  • islam
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Isn't Snyder''s contract good thru 2012?
I would rather franchise Dashon and use that money to pay for Carlos
I agree with you on Brooks.
But I think players like Ginn, A. Smith, and Morgan are going to command more $ than that.
And I don't know s**t about this draft class, so I'll take it as a decent draft.

no, he is a UFA after this year, I dont see Snyder back.

Also some good news, it looks like we can carry over the extra cap space from this year. So anything left over of the 11M will be added to the current 35M under a 120M cap. So we have 46M right now if this is correct.

Thanks for the info, as always. Snyder is like Eric Heitmann, Justin Smiley, Joshua Morgan, Shawntae Spencer, etc....OVERRATED!
But I think players like Ginn, A. Smith, and Morgan are going to command more $ than that.
And I don't know s**t about this draft class, so I'll take it as a decent draft.

Also some good news, it looks like we can carry over the extra cap space from this year. So anything left over of the 11M will be added to the current 35M under a 120M cap. So we have 46M right now if this is correct.

Thanks for the info, as always. Snyder is like Eric Heitmann, Justin Smiley, Joshua Morgan, Shawntae Spencer, etc....OVERRATED!

No problem. I also have been a snyder doubter, not high on extending him.
  • islam
  • Veteran

3 mill a year for ginn?

Josh Morgan is believed to be better than he actually is, by the fanbase, of course! And he is coming off a broke leg and ankle

I dont think Josh Morgan is that good either but he will get a decent contract. Also why would go with a possession WR with a bad knee like Steve Smith. If anything go after Bowe, Jackson, Colston or Manningham.

Steve Smith is a true slot receiver and can get downfield better than any WR currently on the roster, easily. And has very good hands unlike other WRS and Vernon Davis/ Delanie Walker
  • islam
  • Veteran

Exactly, Snyder is going to want 4-5 million a year as mediocre/ weak player, you might as well give Carl Nicks a California native 6-7 million a year and hurt the Saints as well
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

3 mill a year for ginn?

Steve Smith is a true slot receiver and can get downfield better than any WR currently on the roster, easily. And has very good hands unlike other WRS and Vernon Davis/ Delanie Walker
Steve Smith's best days are behind him microfracture surgery is no joke. We cant afford to be signing injured players and hope they can heal properly. Get some legit WRs who can actually run.
I can't see us drafting another pass rusher in the first round. Already nailed the Aldon pick last year, we need help at WR and CB first.
with desean jackson, bowe, vincent jackson, stevie johnson, meachem, manningham, wayne and garcon being free agents we sign freaking steve smith who hasnt done s**t with a passing offense like the eagles
  • islam
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captain_planet:
I can't see us drafting another pass rusher in the first round. Already nailed the Aldon pick last year, we need help at WR and CB first.

You can NEVER have enough pass rushers or CBs....not in this soft arena league style NFL today.....

Exactly, Snyder is going to want 4-5 million a year as mediocre/ weak player, you might as well give Carl Nicks a California native 6-7 million a year and hurt the Saints as well

if we can keep Rogers and Goldson, go for a RG like Nicks, Im for giving him 7M a year average. Good thing Brees likely is tagged, so they cant use it on Nicks.

• islam
  • Veteran

if we can keep Rogers and Goldson, go for a RG like Nicks, Im for giving him 7M a year average. Good thing Brees likely is tagged, so they cant use it on Nicks.

Exactly, also I truly believe in not spending big free agency money on WRS... never know how they fit in your offensive system or if the DIVA in the WR will erupt

just gotta hope the saints and brees dont agree to a contract before march 1st, regardless the saints are gonna lose a good player or 2 when they have colston, nicks and meachem as free agents. i want at least 1 of them and hope other teams pluck them away from them
Originally posted by captain_planet:

You can NEVER have enough pass rushers or CBs....not in this soft arena league style NFL today.....

True. But another first round pass rusher would be a lot of money invested in one position, and considering pass rushers are often hit or miss and our more pressing needs elsewhere, I personally hope we go in a different direction with our first choice.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

just gotta hope the saints and brees dont agree to a contract before march 1st, regardless the saints are gonna lose a good player or 2 when they have colston, nicks and meachem as free agents. i want at least 1 of them and hope other teams pluck them away from them

true, also the tender is likely at 9.4M for both WR and OL, I guess they group C, G and T as just one group.
I'm sorry but there is no way we are letting Carlos Rogers go. His age isn't an issue.
Share 49ersWebzone