LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 215 users in the forums

So what happens if Tom Brady breaks Drew Brees' new record?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Tom Brady has 4897 passing yards and the Patriots need to win to lock up the #1 seed for the AFC (unless the Ravens lose). Because we determine the Saints' seed next week with our game against St. Louis, there's a chance Drew Brees will not be playing the entire game. Brady needs only 190 yards to break Brees' record...
Then Brady would have broke Brees record.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
It messes up the space time continuum.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Um, that.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Bree's still has another game also, I don't see him throwing under 300 yards, so Brady would need a good 500 lol
That would kick ass. I'd rather Brady have it.
Originally posted by Janitor:

Um, that.

These
Originally posted by zillabeast:
That would kick ass. I'd rather Brady have it.

For the lulz
Originally posted by susweel:
It messes up the space time continuum.

This! But Brady will save us.
  • Ether
  • Veteran

I just found it funny the media has been making Drew Brees to be the greatest QB to play the game cause he broke this record, but they refuse to acknowledge the fact that Tom Brady is only a very pedestrian game away from breaking a record Brees just set a couple days ago (and needed to run up the score to do so).

Originally posted by Ether:

I just found it funny the media has been making Drew Brees to be the greatest QB to play the game cause he broke this record, but they refuse to acknowledge the fact that Tom Brady is only a very pedestrian game away from breaking a record Brees just set a couple days ago (and needed to run up the score to do so).

They always do it. Remember a few years ago when Peyton got back to the Super Bowl and the media was ready to anoint him as the GOAT. Then he lost.
Originally posted by Ether:
Tom Brady has 4897 passing yards and the Patriots need to win to lock up the #1 seed for the AFC (unless the Ravens lose). Because we determine the Saints' seed next week with our game against St. Louis, there's a chance Drew Brees will not be playing the entire game. Brady needs only 190 yards to break Brees' record...

The Saints play at the same time as us...it's not like they're playing after and will know whether or not they need to win...they will assume they need to win.
The fact that there is 3 QB's breaking or seriously threatening records speaks more about todays NFL, then it does about the particular QB's historical greatness. So these records are less meaningful now to anyone except the casual fan
Originally posted by danimal:
The fact that there is 3 QB's breaking or seriously threatening records speaks more about todays NFL, then it does about the particular QB's historical greatness. So these records are less meaningful now to anyone except the casual fan

I totally agree. It has to do with rule changes. I have no idea what Marino, Elway would have done with these rules. Imagine Rice in his prime with the current receiving rules.

But still good for Brees, Rodgers, and Brady if they do it. Doesnt change my mind on greatness though.
Originally posted by danimal:

I totally agree. It has to do with rule changes. I have no idea what Marino, Elway would have done with these rules. Imagine Rice in his prime with the current receiving rules.

But still good for Brees, Rodgers, and Brady if they do it. Doesnt change my mind on greatness though.

Hell naw it does not change their greatness. I also am kind of impressed with the NFL's ability to gently nudge along new records. Think about it, 27 years is a perfect record from a business point of view...had they made too drastic of changes Marino's record would have been broken too quickly, had they done nothing it probably would have stood 50+ years.

The business of sports dictates that every generation wants their own star, and you want to give them a tangible basis to believe their star is the best ever
Share 49ersWebzone