There are 211 users in the forums

49ers beware - Saints caught cheating!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by verb1der:
lol, clever but dirty.

Curious to know how league is going to address this. How do they prove it?

Per the linked article, the Titans allegedly have proof.
I liked it when Jimmy Graham took him out...I should gotten some Fantasy Points for that..:-))
Forget that story, check out the link to the 75 Women Who Wowed The Sports World in 2011 in that article.....
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by verb1der:
lol, clever but dirty.

Curious to know how league is going to address this. How do they prove it?

Per the linked article, the Titans allegedly have proof.

Thanks, I just read the article. I can't wait for this to be blown up all over the place!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
How is this Niner Talk?....

Originally posted by susweel:
If you aint cheating you aint trying.

This was my logic in just about every high school math and Spanish class.
The way you stop something like this is a huge penalty to the team. Draft picks. This and only this will force teams to govern this themselves. Is it clever? Yes. Is it relatively hard to get caught? Yes. Is it somewhat effective? Yes. Because of all those things the penalties have to be dire, because its going to be rare to catch this on video. Fine the player, and take some picks from the team and this will never happen again
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by susweel:
If you aint cheating you aint trying.

This was my logic in just about every high school math and Spanish class.

lol, same here too bad it caught up to me in college.
Saints also had an agent in Arizona yesterday...phantom whistle wiped away a Lee --> Goodwin TD
Originally posted by danimal:
The way you stop something like this is a huge penalty to the team. Draft picks. This and only this will force teams to govern this themselves. Is it clever? Yes. Is it relatively hard to get caught? Yes. Is it somewhat effective? Yes. Because of all those things the penalties have to be dire, because its going to be rare to catch this on video. Fine the player, and take some picks from the team and this will never happen again

So what you're saying is Goodell will find the evidence inconclusive and the Saints will get away with it.

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Saints also had an agent in Arizona yesterday...phantom whistle wiped away a Lee --> Goodwin TD

They will just say it was a fan in the first row blowing the whistle. And why didn't the refs hear it? Oh wait, nvm.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
http://larrybrownsports.com/football/titans-accuse-saints-of-cheating-with-whistle/103975

The team is looking into the matter, and obviously the Saints would be facing huge penalties if the league were to determine that something like that was going on. For what it's worth, Sean Payton and Bill Belichick are close friends

I wouldn't be surprised if Goodell decided to doc the Niners a draft pick for the Saints transgressions.

Dude, I gotta get out of NinerTalk and get over here more -- there is some funny sh*t posted over here! In the Sam Hurd posts too.
With modern technology, isolating a whitsle sound would be pretty easy. And I think with 2 microphones aimed at each sideline you'd be able to triangulate where the sound eminated from pretty easy -- probably down to the person -- or if they did it from a concealed speaker type device, it would give the location instantly. I'd think with a laptop and two receivers you could nab someone pretty easy.
Somebody better be there to take away dat whistle
Share 49ersWebzone