LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Matt Forte

Shop 49ers game tickets
I don't know how many of you follow Mike, and Mike on TV, or ESPN radio. But, there's been a back, and forth debate as to whether or not the guy should play, even when he's 100% healthy. It's interesting because the two sides have a clear separation: one having pro bowl guys in Cris Carter, and Hugh Douglas. The other side is comprised of Mike Golic, and Marcelus Wiley (so so careers). The pro bowl dudes have an argument saying he should hold out until he gets paid because of the injury he incurred in the last game he played, because of the insurance liability coming from injury. The other side believes, because he went out the way he did in the off season, he should play as soon as he's 100% healthy. Though these same guys believe he could have, and maybe should have held out until he got paid (just like Gore did).
i wouldn't play again this season if I was Forte. Tell the Bears to f**k off for not paying him.
The other side of the argument is he turned down their offer, and decided to show he was worth the asking price, what now? He could have held out then, but he didn't. I understand CC's argument, but I'm a firm believer in making a decision, and learning to live with it. The financially sound option IS hold out, but say the Bears don't make the post season, what will his teammates think of him, provided he's healthy enough to make that run..
Originally posted by HessianDud:
i wouldn't play again this season if I was Forte. Tell the Bears to f**k off for not paying him.

This
He's a football player If he's healthy go play.
f**k he is on my fantasy roster!

If he plays well it would not scare teams off from a big contract next year.

If he sits out he will most likely still be a millionaire and not risk his whole NFL career
Share 49ersWebzone