LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Next Dolphins Head Coach

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Paul:
can someone explain why this team fell so fast? Parcells I thought did such a good job his year with the team, perhaps to me the biggest thing was the injury to Pennington as they had an established guy who took control but they haven't had that since. I always root for the bad teams to do well (unless it's NFC West enemies)

2008 was a fluke
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Jim Harbaugh

ban?
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
Originally posted by Paul:
can someone explain why this team fell so fast? Parcells I thought did such a good job his year with the team, perhaps to me the biggest thing was the injury to Pennington as they had an established guy who took control but they haven't had that since. I always root for the bad teams to do well (unless it's NFC West enemies)

2008 was a fluke
this 100%! parcells lucked into chad pennington having a good season and on top of that the easiest schedule in the league, in the playoffs you saw the real dolphins when they got beat down by the ravens
I think Cowher is waiting for a team like San Diego or Houston to open up.

I don't think it will be a big name guy.
Originally posted by English:
Singletary is available.

OMG this would be comedy gold, think of the possibilities....
Gruden and Cowher are both overrated. But I'd take Cowher all day. I think he would be a good fit in Miami. And coaches love a owner with deep pockets willing to spend. Especially when that coach will have control.
Promote from within: Nolan, he has experience (although not a lot of success) and then, he can hire a DC who's better than him.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Promote from within: Nolan, he has experience (although not a lot of success) and then, he can hire a DC who's better than him.

I agree, nolan should at least be the interrim. I think nolan will do way better his 2nd time around, he seemed liek a smart enough dude to learn from his mistakes. Afterall didnt he bring martz in, because he realized a problem on his team?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I agree, nolan should at least be the interrim. I think nolan will do way better his 2nd time around, he seemed liek a smart enough dude to learn from his mistakes. Afterall didnt he bring martz in, because he realized a problem on his team?

What exactly has he done to make you think that???
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/27/mike-nolan-defends-dolphins-scheme-we-just-need-to-execute/

If Nolan keeps saying his Execute line like he did with us he isn't going anywhere fast. Execution is important, but it only happens when things are taught correctly.

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

What exactly has he done to make you think that???

Well, Nolan is half way there. He has made the mistakes.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Gruden and Cowher are both overrated. But I'd take Cowher all day. I think he would be a good fit in Miami. And coaches love a owner with deep pockets willing to spend. Especially when that coach will have control.

Cowher consistently made the playoffs and though only 2 Super Bowls in his what 15 yrs there? He still made them...Gruden had 1 good season in Oakland and did so-so with the Bucs (he missed the playoffs 4 times in his 7 years there)

Cowher I believe wants to go in a good situation, maybe not a playoff team, but definitely where there is potential for long term success. I think he would find that in places like Houston or Giants for example, if I was an NFL coach I'd be worried about working under a guy like Dolphin's owner Ross. I'm interested to see what other jobs open up this season
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
David Shaw and he brings in Andrew Luck

This would be good for Luck and interesting, but it remains to be seen whether he can do it on his own and from scratch and not being served with a silver spoon.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Alex looks young!

Jed York looks old and fat!

Harbaugh has a nice tan
Share 49ersWebzone