LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Reggie Bush: ?This Team Stinks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Yeah I think he just doesn't like contact enough to thrive as an RB. Physically, I don't think he's actually too frail the handle the beating. He has good size for RB and is ripped.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Can somebody tell me why Reggie Bush has done so poorly in the NFL? I mean an actual analysis with solid football logic. I can't believe a coach like Sean Payton couldn't get more out of this guy. There has to be more to it.

In college, he could rely on his physical talent (read:speed) alone to dismantle defenses. He didn't get touched when he got to the open field. Lendale white was the big bruiser/ physical back in that offense. I don't think he can handle running up the middle 15-20 times a game or block and honestly, he doesn't have the skill set for it. He is better in the open field, but NFL teams cant send him out there on every down.

I am not sure how complicated the play calling was @ USC. Most of the times (iirc) he would be in the backfield and just sneak out for a big gain. You cant just do that in the NFL.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Miami Dolphins Yeremiah Bell to Reggie Bush: "We Don't Stink, You Stink"

The Miami Dolphins are the laughing stock in a league which includes the Cincinnati Bengals and Oakland Raiders. In NFL terms, that is pathetic.

The Dolphins are 0-6 in the 2011 regular season, and have lost nine straight games dating back to last year. they have an anemic offense, a weak defense and a lame duck head coach and general manager. Not to mention the fact that they are even losing a once strong fan base in South Beach.

The team is in dire need of a major overhaul, starting at the top and going all the way down to the cotton candy vendors. This team is an absolute mess, and they will most likely undergo a major face lift after this season. But for now, the Dolphins have taken to calling each other names, so to speak.

Frustrated after yet another loss, Miami running back Reggie Bush – yes, the player the Dolphins just had to have this past offseason and who has yet to impress – said flat out that the team stinks.

Bush's teammates too exception to his statements, and while they took it upon themselves to criticize him, Bush would not back off of his remarks.

Link..
[ Edited by VDSF on Oct 28, 2011 at 9:51 AM ]
It's obvious that they're tanking.

Luck will be a Dolphin next year #bookit
he's used to winning.. so i can see his frustration

but as far as his individual play? he's never been the same player ever since this happened lol

Originally posted by okdkid:
Can somebody tell me why Reggie Bush has done so poorly in the NFL? I mean an actual analysis with solid football logic. I can't believe a coach like Sean Payton couldn't get more out of this guy. There has to be more to it.

The guy has top speed and agility to cut on a dime. Put that on a team in college that contains a lot of players who could be starters or 3rd stringers in the NFL and you have a dynamic college player.

Imagine if Adrian Peterson was on that SC team. He would kill any College RB record.

Now, Bush gets into the NFL and he's not accustomed to running into what looks like a wall but will open and close within a 2nd when he reaches that wall so he doesn't trust the play and moves horizontal too much. A year in and he finally adjusts to the NFL blocking but he gets injured here and there and never really gets into a rhythm in the NFL.

When he was healthy for a long period of time, he was a dangerous weapon but not completely as a true RB because in the NFL, it is not as easy to get through the hole AND bounce it outside once you are through the hole.
[ Edited by Joecool on Oct 28, 2011 at 10:43 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Should just convert Bush to a WR and see if his career can be extended, because he cannot sustain health taking the beating that a RB takes.

I could see him being a Wes Welker like receiver.
A). He's right = they do stink and

B). So does Reggie Bush

Talk about way over-rated.
I bet this team doesn't stink as bad as Kim K's kootch.
  • mike
  • Veteran
He finally had a 100 yd game so I think this was a rare game that he could afford to say the team stinks. Bad teams find ways to lose but I don't think this one was reggie's fault. Retarded coaching, Moore came back down to earth in the 4th, and their secondary fell apart.

Like caca?
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
I bet this team doesn't stink as bad as Kim K's kootch.

Id tear that ass up
Reggie Bush calls out the Dolphins but then backs it up with his own play on Sunday with a 100 yard game.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Re-unite him with ALEX. DO IT

Gore, Hunter, Bush, and Dixon <3
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Re-unite him with ALEX. DO IT

Gore, Hunter, Bush, and Dixon <3
Hunter and bush would be too similar. Except hunter is shorter and isn't overrated. I'd rather drop dixon and get a really good redzone back to give gore a few breaks there.
Share 49ersWebzone