LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 159 users in the forums

Bills, QB Fitzpatrick near multiyear deal worth $10M per year

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by crabman82:
its a la canfora report, wont happen lol

yeah it will, because he probably stole the scoop from jay glazier.
Good move by the Bills.
Alex's agent is watching this one.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
adbrandt Andrew Brandt

RT @mortreport Bills & QB Ryan Fitzpatrick finalizing new contract today -$59M over 6 years; $24M gteed; $33M in first 3 years
Originally posted by strickac:
Good move by the Bills.
This
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Tom Condon will have to wait.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
adbrandt Andrew Brandt

Packers' deal w/Aaron Rodgers after 7 games as starter in '08: 60M/6 yrs, 20M gteed. Fitzpatrick deal today: 59M/6 yrs, 24M gteed.
  • dj43

You just beat me to it. If Alex continues to play at the same level he is now and the 49ers wind up in the NFC Championship game, Smith will get paid at a comparable level.
Originally posted by Jcool:
adbrandt Andrew Brandt

Packers' deal w/Aaron Rodgers after 7 games as starter in '08: 60M/6 yrs, 20M gteed. Fitzpatrick deal today: 59M/6 yrs, 24M gteed.

Damn, Fitz got paid. I am sure Rodgers will want a new deal now. Not the mention Drew Brees still waiting on one.

This can only make things worse for the Niners if we re-sign A. Smith. Then again, maybe AS will give SF a discount since he likes the coaching staff and for once, he's part of a winning team.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
This can only make things worse for the Niners if we re-sign A. Smith. Then again, maybe AS will give SF a discount since he likes the coaching staff and for once, he's part of a winning team.

What? Worse for us how? Money is of no object if you believe you've found your franchise's future QB. If that is the determination made after the season (or even mid season) then we are in a good position.

He is solidly outplaying Kolb, and Fitzpatrick (depending upon which metrics you desire). He should be paid at least the same as those two. That's just the way of the NFL.

Alex Smith should provide us no discount. He will have earned it.
[ Edited by okdkid on Oct 28, 2011 at 11:32 AM ]
Originally posted by dj43:

You just beat me to it. If Alex continues to play at the same level he is now and the 49ers wind up in the NFC Championship game, Smith will get paid at a comparable level.

If the bold happens, then I'm all for giving Alex a fair deal. His character the past 7 years and his desire to never give up is valued high in my books that he will work his ass off to put up his end of the bargain on any deal.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by dj43:

If the bold happens, then I'm all for giving Alex a fair deal. His character the past 7 years and his desire to never give up is valued high in my books that he will work his ass off to put up his end of the bargain on any deal.

I can't believe I am writing this, but...the way the schedule lines up right now, the 49ers have a solid chance for a first round bye, perhaps even the #2 seed AHEAD of NO. (I don't see GB losing more than 1 or 2 games.) In that case, a San Francisco/Green Bay NFC Championship game is a very good possibility. Then PAY the man.
I cant see Alex getting anywhere near a 5yr deal worth that much.

I wouldnt do it anyway, give him a 3yr deal worth 15M, but he isnt worth 60M.

I also think we have a shot at 1st round bye. Only tough games left are in Baltmore and the MNF game home against Pittsburgh. If we can go 1-1, and win out, we would be 14-2 for the season. I honestly think GB can go 15-1 or 16-0.
Share 49ersWebzone