LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 444 users in the forums

trade deadline options

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
none.

If we get Orton, it will say we have no faith in Alex.

Lloyd was never good, he had 1 good yr and then everyone calls him a all pro like WR.

Bush I want nothing to do with, most overhyped USC player in a while, and overhyped RB, never should of went that high.

Fasano makes no sense, Peelle is a good TE, and is doing a hell of a job, just cause no one knows much of Peelle, doesnt mean he isnt good.

and Porter is Old, Overrated and broken down, screw him.

I'd rather take the team we have and play the players on this team who deserve to play.

^^^
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Greg Papa brought up a good point earlier this week on the radio about looking into Louis Murphy from the Raiders, hes about to come back from injury. He would be a speedy reciever i dont know what they would ask for in return tho.

He would be the perfect replacement for Morgan! We all know about his toughness, dating back to those heated altercations with Nate Clements during practice... as a ROOKIE
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
SI_PeterKing Peter King

Three GMs/personnel people also told me they think Jax CB Rashean Mathis could be had for mid-rd pick

Originally posted by Jcool:
Quote:
SI_PeterKing Peter King

Three GMs/personnel people also told me they think Jax CB Rashean Mathis could be had for mid-rd pick

Wouldn't mind it for a fourth or fifth rounder to strengthen our depth to the secondary
Originally posted by tohara3:
Quote:
SI_PeterKing Peter King

Wouldn't mind it for a fourth or fifth rounder to strengthen our depth to the secondary
Mathis is on the downside of his career. Not a chance. Culliver is going to be our future at one CB and Baalke will work his magic in the draft next year to find him a partner for the future.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Quote:
SI_PeterKing Peter King

Mathis is on the downside of his career. Not a chance. Culliver is going to be our future at one CB and Baalke will work his magic in the draft next year to find him a partner for the future.

with ya, let culliver play. Plus Mathis is another guy FA to be after 2011.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
trade off whitner he's a part time safety

I like whitner..
I may be in the minority though.

Whitner is a good S, just cause he didnt fill his 8th pick doesnt mean he sucks.

I will take Whitner over any of our other safeties, including Goldson.

Can't argue with AB here.

didnt say i didnt like him, he's a good in the box safety however he's a partime player who is making starters money and from the looks of things he only plays in the base D. as far as goldson is concerned im not sold on him at fs (even though it does seem as if he takes better angles now) and doesnt he drop down to the ss spot in most if not all the sub packages when smith comes in at fs. im in the minority i know but i never really liked starters who in the end are part time players especially db's
[ Edited by Allx9er on Oct 16, 2011 at 1:08 AM ]
So it looks like Brandon Lloyd isn't the only Broncos receiver on the trade block. Sunday Countdown just stated that WR Eddie Royal is also being shopped and is probably receiving more interest. He would be an interesting player to look at. I think he would be a fine player in our offense along with Louis Murphy from the Raiders
in 1981 niners were a young upstart team coming out of the blocks andsurprising the league---before the trading deadline they swung a deal to upgrade their pass rush to get fred dean---the move helped them get into the superbowl

i see parallels this year---id like to see the team be agressive to shore up needs at the trading deadline---if you can get brandon lloyd for a 4th rd pick do it---

niners gave up a 4th rd pick (iirc) for ted ginn jr---it has been well worth doing it---lloyd or some other receiver for a mid round pick could also prove to be a good move
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by YungAce:
So it looks like Brandon Lloyd isn't the only Broncos receiver on the trade block. Sunday Countdown just stated that WR Eddie Royal is also being shopped and is probably receiving more interest. He would be an interesting player to look at. I think he would be a fine player in our offense along with Louis Murphy from the Raiders

Looks like Denver is gathering ammo in case they're not in position to land Andrew Luck straight out. I don't know, I wanna stick to what we have right now, even more so that we're getting Edwards back, but at the same time we could use some help.

To all zoners talking about the future: we are 5-1 trying to become a full contender, champ Bailey would be awesome, same with rasheen Mathis, I even heard on 680 about robert Mathis up on the block.
Royal would be interesting, He showed limitless potential in the west coast offense, then the team switched coaches and therefore systems and he fell out of favor. If he could be had for a 5th I would be all over that. One more corner for cheap wouldnt hurt either. Not as a replacement starter but as a depth move. I like how the D is playing and wouldnt want to mess with the chemistry. Not sure about Mathis for a mid rounder...but if there was a poor market for him and we could snag him for a later round I would make that move. Seems like teams are a lot more willing to make some changes at the trade deadline this year....guess its the short offseason making rosters less settled than in the past.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
To all zoners talking about the future: we are 5-1 trying to become a full contender, champ Bailey would be awesome, same with rasheen Mathis, I even heard on 680 about robert Mathis up on the block.

Sure but at what price???

And didn't Bailey just sign a new deal, I doubt hes on the trading block.
Share 49ersWebzone