There are 168 users in the forums

trade deadline options

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Allx9er:
trade off whitner he's a part time safety

I like whitner..
I may be in the minority though.
none.

If we get Orton, it will say we have no faith in Alex.

Lloyd was never good, he had 1 good yr and then everyone calls him a all pro like WR.

Bush I want nothing to do with, most overhyped USC player in a while, and overhyped RB, never should of went that high.

Fasano makes no sense, Peelle is a good TE, and is doing a hell of a job, just cause no one knows much of Peelle, doesnt mean he isnt good.

and Porter is Old, Overrated and broken down, screw him.

I'd rather take the team we have and play the players on this team who deserve to play.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

I like whitner..

Whitner is a good S, just cause he didnt fill his 8th pick doesnt mean he sucks.

I will take Whitner over any of our other safeties, including Goldson.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Reggie Wayne!
we should give up a 3rd to get him
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Neither...

Can we please just play the guys we got?? For all we know, Kyle Williams might blow up for us. On top of that, he's also a very good run blocker.

I agree, plus we're getting Braylon back from injuries, we don't need anyone else. And no one can come right in and help us anyway.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

I like whitner..

Whitner is a good S, just cause he didnt fill his 8th pick doesnt mean he sucks.

Can't argue with AB here.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Rather make a offer to the Eagles for Jackson or Samuel. Either a top flight WR for our offense or a top CB to pair with Rogers on defense.

Is Jackson on the trading block? I would give up a second in a heartbeat for him.
Originally posted by QBguru:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Rather make a offer to the Eagles for Jackson or Samuel. Either a top flight WR for our offense or a top CB to pair with Rogers on defense.

Is Jackson on the trading block? I would give up a second in a heartbeat for him.

I highly doubt PHILLY deals DeSean, and if so, they will want at least a 1st for him, and it is tough to trade a 1st for a guy with no years left on his deal after 2011. We would need to negotiate a deal before trade is made official.
Oh and I know we could trade and then franchise him, but honestly, he would be looking at like 12-15M on a 1yr tagged deal.

That would take up half our cap space for 2012 if the cap is same as this year, meaning we would have a tough time re-signing Rogers, Brooks, Morgan, etc....

Just doesnt seem worth it.
Bush doesn't stay healthy. Lloyd is the most intriguing.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

I like whitner..

Can't argue with AB here.

Yep. Good player.
Originally posted by noblood:
Reggie Wayne!

Wayne would instantly raise Smith's completion percentage but I doubt Baalke does anything for a third rounder. Maybe a 4th though.
Originally posted by vermonator:
Reggie Wayne!

Wayne would instantly raise Smith's completion percentage but I doubt Baalke does anything for a third rounder. Maybe a 4th though.

Why would they trade Wayne? They're just not playing well without Manning. It's basically a lockout year for them
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by vermonator:
Reggie Wayne!

Why would they trade Wayne? They're just not playing well without Manning. It's basically a lockout year for them

mainly because he is in his finaly yr on his contract, same as Mathis. And they might be well cap strapped next year.

I also wouldnt want to trade for Wayne, because it will cost more money. Rather keep the draft choice(s) it would take to get him. But it would make sense to trade him, get picks, use them in 2012 draft. No guarantee Peyton comes back. They hold an option where they can decide to not opt for the rest of his contract.

If they get 1st pick, they will be stupid to pass up Andrew Luck. Even if Peyton comes back, take Luck, he is the future, Peyton wont last for another 5+ years.
Greg Papa brought up a good point earlier this week on the radio about looking into Louis Murphy from the Raiders, hes about to come back from injury. He would be a speedy reciever i dont know what they would ask for in return tho.
Share 49ersWebzone