LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

R.I.P. Al Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ads_2006:
IN the immediate, Davis' wife, Carol, and son, Mark, are expected to assume control of the team. However, numerous sources around the NFL believe that neither will want to keep control of the team in the long run and are expected to sell relatively soon.

well that sorta sucks

AIG farmers field just a boost
I would not be shocked to see the raiders move back to LA now. Sounds like the biggest obstical in that deal was that the LA stadium group wanted to own a large chunk of whatever team played there, and Davis was not willing to sell. But selling a chunk and keeping a smaller portion could set his family up for life.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I would not be shocked to see the raiders move back to LA now. Sounds like the biggest obstical in that deal was that the LA stadium group wanted to own a large chunk of whatever team played there, and Davis was not willing to sell. But selling a chunk and keeping a smaller portion could set his family up for life.

nothing against you but aren't they set for life? how much money can a man own?
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by Janitor:
I'm not sad. RIP, as I always wish those who die, but we have not lost anything from his death.

Wow. Real classy.

Sorry but I'm not into necrophilia. I don't suck people's dicks after they die. Truth is Al Davis has been incompetent for quite some time now, and the Raiders will likely benefit from his death. The man was a legend, but that was a long time ago.

Yesterday everyone was ripping this man apart saying how horrible and what a jackass he is. Today the man was a saint who we all are going to miss sooooo much. Please.
ya he didnt look very healthy earlier this year but even though he didnt have much success recently he was a legend. I hate the raiders but i love football and he had a big impact in the game RIP Al Davis.
I think it's appropriate on this day of Al Davis' passing to remember how much he meant to Bay Area football. At one time, both the Niners and Raiders were at or near the top of their respective conferences. I get a sense of resurgence for both teams...which is great whether you're a Raider or Niner fan. They're on their way toward making the Bay Area a football hot spot again...and that's a very cool thing. To reminisce for just a minute...I remember when Al took over the Raiders in 1963. They were horrible...1-13, no players, no future, playing in dinky Frank Youell stadium. After he took over, they went 10-4 the next season. That was Al Davis. Maverick, visionary, relentless in his pursuit of excellence, love him or hate him, he had a tremendous impact on the AFL, where he served as coach, owner and commissioner. Nobody else has ever done that. He helped make the AFL relevant...and was a driving force toward the eventual AFL-NFL merger. His teams won 3 Super Bowls. Beyond that, though, he's had an indelible impact on Bay Area football. As a Niner fan since 1957, I have tremendous respect for what Al Davis brought to Oakland, the Bay Area, and the NFL. Rest in peace, Big Al.
RIP Al Davis--- a football legend.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by MaliCali:
lol. I can't figure out why this thread is here in Parking lot, and the ones in the NFL section (where this should be) are getting locked. haha.

I asked the same thing. Makes no sense to me. Al Davis and the NFL are almost synonymous...
I started the thread in the NFL section. So what happened? It got moved to the PL and then back here? lol
Unlike typical Raiders and Cowboys fans' disrespectful reactions when Walsh died, I won't stoop to their level. RIP
Originally posted by Otter:
Jim Harbaugh will dedicate tomorrow's game to Mr. Davis. Book it.

I think pretty much every team will.

Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by Otter:
I hate the Raiders, but Al Davis certainly helped shape the league in to what it is today. RIP

Not much more to say. Other than....

"Just win, baby!"

Happy Trails, Al.

+1 The man has earned his respect.
RIP Crazy Al. Its too bad that the younger generations will only think if you as the owner of a horrible team. Truth is you did more for professional football than most will ever realize. You were the Magneto of the NFL owners.
never been a big raider fan, but i am saddened to hear that a legend has passed on. condolences to the entire raider family and organization
damn really sad

rip al
Share 49ersWebzone