There are 203 users in the forums

Gus Johnson calling NFL games on Fox now

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=648UdZAkCDc

For some reason (prolly cause he works college games on FX and new to Fox) Gus Johnson is like on the bottom of the totem poll of announcers. I know some people dont like him, but I like how he gets into the game and yells and screams on wacky plays.
This is just a simple deep ball in this clip, only Gus Johnson can make a game between two winless teams seem fun. I know he has done a few 49er games when we have been on CBS.

Sidenote, notice how we got Ron Pitts again on sunday, even in a game vs. Philly. Pitts has prolly done more 49er games over the past 8 years than anyone else. I like Mora Jr. as an analyst. As we keep winning more games, we can draw some other top broadcasting teams.
according to his wikipedia page (take it for what its worth) Gus Johnson will replace temporarily Joe Buck as Buck does his MLB duties for Fox. I would be in favor of that being a permanent move
I hate Gus Johnson. Any game he commentates immediately gets the mute button.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Its the guy on the Madden game right.....................MUTE
Better announcers? They all suck. Where is the Summeral and Maddens? Tv announcers suck these days. It is so sad.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Better announcers? They all suck. Where is the Summeral and Maddens? Tv announcers suck these days. It is so sad.

lol. Marv Albert calls games for CBS now.
I like Gus Johnson
Anybody but jim mora please, dude is hella stupid. No wonder he isn't coaching anymore.
Hey guys who did the niners vs raiders game? That guy was cracking me up. "Ther's Dashon Goldson. He's flying around like human missle looking to cut someone in half" "Alex Smith just got rocked" "Lee took a shot."
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Good. He's one of the few guys that actually has a personality.

Anyone BUT Joe Buck! jesus that guys so dull and boring.

Great commentating, its not like hes taking it to the endzone on a great trick play or anything.

YES! these games have been dull. gus johnson is the f**king man!
Gus calling football games = mega cringe

Gus calling basketball games = mega awesome

he has way, WAY too much excitement for a 2 yard run on 1st down..football also has it's slow times, yet he continues to talk with that strange elongated vowel s**t when there aren't any plays going on, which gets incredibly annoying.

during a basketball game, action is continually going on, so it fits him perfectly.
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Anyone BUT Joe Buck! jesus that guys so dull and boring.

Great commentating, its not like hes taking it to the endzone on a great trick play or anything.

Joe buck's voice matches the speed of baseball.

Its kinda like when Marv Albert is calling a sport other than basketball, it doesn't sound right.
Gus Johnson is like the American equivalent of those Spanish Futbol announcers, and that is a great thing.

Share 49ersWebzone