LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

The Cam Newton Freight Train of Outstandingness

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Cam nEXCUSES.....0 - 2.....0.000 winning percentage.

he has 1 mmore TD than alex with 3 more INT

carolina offense has led his team to 43 points

49ers offense has guess what 43 points
Originally posted by MadMoneyMarshall:
I don't like cam, and don't think he will be as good as everyones saying, but I like how the coordinater and staff are letting him actually go out there and air it out. I respect that. You don't see it much.

This
Originally posted by redrathman:
You realize you're arguing with yourself, right?

It was a clarification...

Smith had talent but it was no were on steve smith...... lefell level
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Are you guys serious? Cam Netwon is a rookie playing on a TERRIBLE team and he's thrown for nearly 900 yards in HIS FIRST TWO NFL GAMES!

There's no comparison...Newton is already a better NFL QB than Alex Smith will ever be.
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Are you guys serious? Cam Netwon is a rookie playing on a TERRIBLE team and he's thrown for nearly 900 yards in HIS FIRST TWO NFL GAMES!

There's no comparison...Newton is already a better NFL QB than Alex Smith will ever be.

Cam nEXCUSE.....0 - 2.....0.000 winning percentage.

Alex Smith.....1 - 1.....0.500 winning percentage.

Have you watched any of carolina's games? They are far from terrible.
I've said it before, I'll say it again.

JaMarcus Russell's first start, his QB rating was in the 90s.

His second start, his rating was over 110.

Yes, he performed admirably his first two games. But the jury is out on him, and will be for a while.

Right now most of his yards are coming via the Jake Delhomme method (chuck it to Steve Smith deep and pray for the best).
[ Edited by aman49 on Sep 20, 2011 at 10:54 PM ]
In monsoon like conditions Newton led the Panthers to an ugly first victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars by a final score of 16-10. Heavy rains limited the aerial fireworks we saw in the first two weeks, but the rains let up in the second half in which Carolina outscored the Jags by 11 points. Newton led the team on the go ahead touchdown drive in the 4th quarter hitting Greg Olson from 16 yards out and finding Olson yet again for the two point conversion. It's the first win of Cam's NFL career.

Week 1 @ ARI 24/37, 422 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT
Week 2 vs. GB 28/46, 432 yds, 1 TD, 3 INTS
Week 3 vs. Jac 18/34, 136 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT

Season: 60%, 1012 yds, 4 TDs passing
25 rushes, 98 yards, 2 TDs rushing

Up next @ the Chicago Bears in Week 4
Originally posted by aTx49er:

Have you watched any of carolina's games? They are far from terrible.

Before or after Cam Newton? Before Cam Newton, they were the 2-win team. Now all of a sudden they are far from terrible?
If Alex Smith would ever throw for 400 yards back-to-back, no matter the circumstances, we would be throwing him a parade. Hell, he hasn't even thrown for 400 yards. Even though we scored the same amount of points on offense (although, our defense has given us better field positions), almost half of the points came from field goals, lol...
[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Sep 26, 2011 at 8:31 AM ]

Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
If Alex Smith would ever throw for 400 yards back-to-back, no matter the circumstances, we would be throwing him a parade. Hell, he hasn't even thrown for 400 yards. Even though we scored the same amount of points on offense (although, our defense has given us better field positions), almost half of the points came from field goals, lol...

We would stop the 49ers season, put Alex up on the shoulders and walk off in the sunset. Movie rights, history, and Canton.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

We would stop the 49ers season, put Alex up on the shoulders and walk off in the sunset. Movie rights, history, and Canton.
Some people are serious haters. Anyone compared with Alex Smith is thrown into the meat grinder.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I really thought he was going to have another huge game, but it matters that they won. I'll be rooting for him all season long, the Panthers were 2-14 last season but I think they were much better than their record showed
Originally posted by Paul:
I really thought he was going to have another huge game, but it matters that they won. I'll be rooting for him all season long, the Panthers were 2-14 last season but I think they were much better than their record showed

Alex smith stats = wins
Share 49ersWebzone