Who had the best draft outside of SF?

I'd say the Saints:

Cameron Jordan
Mark Ingram
Martez Wilson
Johnny Patrick
Greg Romeus
Nate Bussey

Jordan fell right to them at #24. Great player at a need position.

Ingram will be ROY. In that offense he could score double digit TDs.

Martez Wilson and Johnny Patrick in the 3rd are solid picks. Romeus in the 7th seems like a steal.

I liked to Bucs a lot too. Clayborn AND Bowers? Mason Foster and Ahmad Black as well. Clearly they are focusing on D knowing they are set on offense with Josh Freeman.

im also hella scared about the bucs they have a scary ass d line same with detriot
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Did Burney get drafted

No. We drafted the mighty Curtis Holcomb instead.

Didn't Burney run a really poor 40?? Or was it his height, I saw somewhere he was listed at 5'7".
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

I'd say the Saints:
no, b/c they gave up waaaaaaaaaaay too much for mark ingram. same can be applied for falcons/julio jones.

i think that the bucs and the browns (except for the taylor-pick) drafted very nice. same goes for the bengals.
the raiders picked very good imo...a lot of al davis-guys there but they make a lot of sense as well.
then the texans...what did i say? then? perhaps the best draft of all teams.

one of the worst drafts had the chickens imo...carpenter is a good o-line prospect but they overdrafted him completely. kris durham went too early as well. ovr, i dont see any excellent pick at all.
bills-draft is very crappy, too. absolutely no QB, only one d-liner, no 3-4 pass-rusher....thats crap, sorry.

rams: very good...quinn is a steal and they dont have to worry about his coverage skills b/c he will play 4-3 DE.
kendricks is a little bit overdrafted but now they have their pass-catching TE.
pettis/salas are new and very good weapons for bradford. the only issue: they didnt draft any DT.
cards: no qb? ok...perhaps they wanted to take mallett on day 3, i dont know. PP is very nice value. ryan williams is good, no question about that (he will compete with wells whereas hightower is done imo). housler is a nice pick, imo (in some eyes a little bit too high but who cares.). sam acho is an absolute steal as well as sturdivant. nice job.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

im also hella scared about the bucs they have a scary ass d line same with detriot
their draft is overrated imo...still no real pass protection and their CBs are garbage.

[ Edited by communist on May 1, 2011 at 09:41:05 ]
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Did Burney get drafted

Didn't Burney run a really poor 40?? Or was it his height, I saw somewhere he was listed at 5'7".

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=64713&draftyear=2011&genpos=CB

5'9" 4.7 speed
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Did Burney get drafted

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=64713&draftyear=2011&genpos=CB

5'9" 4.7 speed

That combination, plus the suspension is why I pulled him off the draft board and didn't think he'd get drafted. He can play football, but after he timed 4.7+ at both the combine and his Pro Day, it was inevitable. He's probably considered a nickel guy at best by scouts.
All rounds updated.

• okdkid
  • Veteran

I'd say the Saints:

Cameron Jordan
Mark Ingram
Martez Wilson
Johnny Patrick
Greg Romeus
Nate Bussey

Martez Wilson and Johnny Patrick in the 3rd are solid picks. Romeus in the 7th seems like a steal.

I liked to Bucs a lot too. Clayborn AND Bowers? Mason Foster and Ahmad Black as well. Clearly they are focusing on D knowing they are set on offense with Josh Freeman.

_________

I thought the Lions killed it.

Fairley, Titus Young, Leshoure...oh my.

Really all they're missing is CBs and an OL. Which is not much considering where they were just a couple years ago.

Stafford + Megatron + Best + Young + Burleson + Leshoure = Watch out.

I don't think they were out of a single game last year, despite their record. Which is saying something considering they play the Bears and Packers 4x.

I'm calling it now. The Detroit Lions make the playoffs this year.
Originally posted by okdkid:

I'd say the Saints:

Cameron Jordan
Mark Ingram
Martez Wilson
Johnny Patrick
Greg Romeus
Nate Bussey

_________

I thought the Lions killed it.

Fairley, Titus Young, Leshoure...oh my.

Really all they're missing is CBs and an OL. Which is not much considering where they were just a couple years ago.

Stafford + Megatron + Best + Young + Burleson + Leshoure = Watch out.

I don't think they were out of a single game last year, despite their record. Which is saying something considering they play the Bears and Packers 4x.

I'm calling it now. The Detroit Lions make the playoffs this year.

not when Stafford gets KO'd
Share 49ersWebzone