LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

2011 NFL Draft

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I'm having a hard time believing that nobody selected Mark Herzlich or Chris Neild. They are going to be good players.

Neild just got picked by the Redskins.

-9fA

f**k! I would've rather had him than stupid Mike Person. I wonder if Person is buddies with Baalke. Maybe he can even make some friends on the team.

edit: would've rather had him than Holcomb or our newest fullback too. Give me a break, Baalke's an idiot.

[ Edited by WillistheWall on Apr 30, 2011 at 16:27:23 ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Holcomb from Florida A&M. OTC, your scouting report?

Did not expect him to be drafted. Florida A&M players rarely are. Here's the scoop on Holcomb.

Weigh-in: 5-10 192

Clocked 4.47 at Pro Day.
10' broad jump.
33 1/2 inch vertical.
18 reps of 225 lbs.
Shuttle time of 4.25
3-cone time of 6.85

So he's got good athleticism all around. Solid speed and agility and was productive over his four year career. 12 career interceptions (at least 2 picks in each of his four years).

Just to add, I think he's got talent. Baalke found a possible gem in Philip Adams last year. We'll see if Holcomb is someone who has any chance of making the team.

That's all I've got on Holcomb.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Holcomb from Florida A&M. OTC, your scouting report?

Did not expect him to be drafted. Florida A&M players rarely are. Here's the scoop on Holcomb.

Weigh-in: 5-10 192

Clocked 4.47 at Pro Day.
10' broad jump.
33 1/2 inch vertical.
18 reps of 225 lbs.
Shuttle time of 4.25
3-cone time of 6.85

So he's got good athleticism all around. Solid speed and agility and was productive over his four year career. 12 career interceptions (at least 2 picks in each of his four years).

Just to add, I think he's got talent. Baalke found a possible gem in Philip Adams last year. We'll see if Holcomb is someone who has any chance of making the team.

That's all I've got on Holcomb.

12 INTs tells me this kid knows how to get to the ball. So he seems like he has some ball skills.
Mr Irrelevant just became Mr. Fortunate.

-9fA
Did Kai Forbath get drafted?
I'm having a hard time believing that nobody selected Mark Herzlich or Chris Neild. They are going to be good players.

-9fA

f**k! I would've rather had him than stupid Mike Person. I wonder if Person is buddies with Baalke. Maybe he can even make some friends on the team.

edit: would've rather had him than Holcomb or our newest fullback too. Give me a break, Baalke's an idiot.

The Person dude didn't give up a sack all of last year...

haters gon hate.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
I'm really surprized Darvin Adams Auburn WR didn't get drafted. Dam Newton, Adams pretty much had to come out as a Jr.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I really like the first two picks and Kendell Hunter. Outside of that, I can't say I'm excited, mostly because of the position selection. I'm sure it will work itself out.

Well, we did need a few OL, we did need a fast reciever, and we did need secondary help...

I would of liked to see a NT in the 3rd or another rushing OLB. Culliver may be good, but it's hard to see him having an impact next year.

A guard selection is ok, but two is annoying. Are we going to let Wragge, Snyder and Rachal go? WHo is going to be our Center if Baas doesn't come back? Center is a huge need. Wragge sucks and Baas may not return.

Also, CB doesn't strike me as one of those positions that you find in later rounds. Maybe I'm wrong.
its amazing that anyone can talk trash about players that people know nothing about.

Could you like at least wait till after training camp?

im sorry this isnt madden and you didnt get all the top 10 like you wanted. This is reality guys...

wow. RE LAAAAXXXX
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

No sir.

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

No

-9fA

haters gon hate.

LOL. People get irate at players they know nothing about. Person could end up being an All-Pro and they'll still b***h because the 49ers passed on some likely scrub that they had a mad crush on. People think that if a guy wasn't featured in TSN's Draft Guide, that somehow makes them worthless. LOL.
I really like the first two picks and Kendell Hunter. Outside of that, I can't say I'm excited, mostly because of the position selection. I'm sure it will work itself out.

Well, we did need a few OL, we did need a fast reciever, and we did need secondary help...

I would of liked to see a NT in the 3rd or another rushing OLB. Culliver may be good, but it's hard to see him having an impact next year.

A guard selection is ok, but two is annoying. Are we going to let Wragge, Snyder and Rachal go? WHo is going to be our Center if Baas doesn't come back? Center is a huge need. Wragge sucks and Baas may not return.

Also, CB doesn't strike me as one of those positions that you find in later rounds. Maybe I'm wrong.

sam shields was an undrafted free agent for the packers. it can happen. Not saying houston, because i dont even know who the heck he is

Kilgore is likely to be moved to center. Person is likely to become a guard.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

-9fA

haters gon hate.

LOL. People get irate at players they know nothing about. Person could end up being an All-Pro and they'll still b***h because the 49ers passed on some likely scrub that they had a mad crush on. People think that if a guy wasn't featured in TSN's Draft Guide, that somehow makes them worthless. LOL.

Lol. Dude, you've been doing a good job trying to inject some common sense into this board the past couple days.
Share 49ersWebzone