There are 226 users in the forums

CB Chris Culliver, South Carolina

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Arson
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Goldson was probably the least disciplined of all of them!

Reid is such a improvement coverage wise, but I hate seeing him get concussions:(.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Chris Culliver is officially listed as questionable for Sunday night's home opener. Jim Harbaugh, however, said the fourth-year cornerback "should be good to go."

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/12-Locker-Room-Observations-Sept-12/304cf9ec-285d-422c-8e95-5b7ce8d5f6df
Originally posted by DeUh:
Chris Culliver is officially listed as questionable for Sunday night's home opener. Jim Harbaugh, however, said the fourth-year cornerback "should be good to go."

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/12-Locker-Room-Observations-Sept-12/304cf9ec-285d-422c-8e95-5b7ce8d5f6df

With what happened last Sunday (in terms of injuries) and how quickly you can become depleted is the exact reason I wouldn't mind us drafting a corner every year. We will stay deep at that position, be prepared with homegrown talent in the event someone departs in free agency, or as was the case in week 1, we'll be prepared in case starters go down due to injury.

I'm glad Chris Culliver is ok and good to go for Sunday. Even though our Dontae Johnson looked good, so did Marcus Cooper when he got his first bit of playing time. Now all we can do is that this turf toe heals properly for Tramaine Brock.
this guy might as well be playing blind out there against deep balls

worthless
Originally posted by znk916:

worthless

He just doesn't even try to turn & find the ball in the air ar all. Very disappointing.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by znk916:

worthless

He just doesn't even try to turn & find the ball in the air ar all. Very disappointing.

the pass was actually a horrible pass, he beat the guy to the spot where the pass should have been. he should have located the ball i agree but he's been better than solid

no db's can cover for 4-6 seconds every snap
that's what ours have to do.
Doesn't he play better in the slot? I was blasted by you peeps for predicting he would not make the 53 man roster. I said that because I do not like his play on the outside -- he doesn't seem to have good football instincts -- relies too much on his physical ability. Couple this with his unpredictable behavior off the field and well, you know. There was a stat that showed he was the best slot cover in the league when he played in that spot a couple years ago.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Doesn't he play better in the slot? I was blasted by you peeps for predicting he would not make the 53 man roster. I said that because I do not like his play on the outside -- he doesn't seem to have good football instincts -- relies too much on his physical ability. Couple this with his unpredictable behavior off the field and well, you know. There was a stat that showed he was the best slot cover in the league when he played in that spot a couple years ago.

If you move him to the slot, which I wouldn't disagree, who would you put on the outside? Cook? I don't know if I trust him either. Cox?
Why move him? Maybe we should play to his strengths and play one...just ONE snap of physical, press coverage on the line instead of lining these guys off the LOS 15 yards on every snap in our more exotic coverage schemes. Perhaps Fangio could use the personnel he has to their strengths...start Cook/Culliver, play press/man and move Cox to the slot (this dude should have at least 5 INTs by now if he had ANY hands at all). The loss of Brock has hurt a lot as well. But scheme seems to be hurting us here and it's even affecting Reid and Bethea.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Why move him? Maybe we should play to his strengths and play one...just ONE snap of physical, press coverage on the line instead of lining these guys off the LOS 15 yards on every snap in our more exotic coverage schemes.

This.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
this dude is hot garbage. I'd rather have Johnson out there learning.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
The guy has a bad temper... this temper of his leads to bad decision making... Tim McKyer was a very selfish person, but the guy can play the position...

Personally, I'll let Culliver walk.. we shoulda kept T-Brown over this guy..
Originally posted by 9moon:
The guy has a bad temper... this temper of his leads to bad decision making... Tim McKyer was a very selfish person, but the guy can play the position...

Personally, I'll let Culliver walk.. we shoulda kept T-Brown over this guy..

I agree. We'd have been fine with Tarrell Brown, Tramaine Brock, Perrish Cox, Darryl Morris, along with Dontae Johnson.
Why move him? Maybe we should play to his strengths and play one...just ONE snap of physical, press coverage on the line instead of lining these guys off the LOS 15 yards on every snap in our more exotic coverage schemes. Perhaps Fangio could use the personnel he has to their strengths...start Cook/Culliver, play press/man and move Cox to the slot (this dude should have at least 5 INTs by now if he had ANY hands at all). The loss of Brock has hurt a lot as well. But scheme seems to be hurting us here and it's even affecting Reid and Bethea.

basically
he's out there just calling defensive plays just to call them. not making adjustments nothing. we've got press corners on the outside but not pressing them?
vic has been horrible in 2nd halves this season. absolutely horrible
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

hey NC I remember you saying that this secondary was an upgrade from last years.
Share 49ersWebzone