LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 218 users in the forums

CB Chris Culliver, South Carolina

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Inquiring minds would like to know! Does he have a twitter?

Yeah he does https://twitter.com/Cullyinthehouse

Looks like he is getting ready for camp...but nothing about his legal situation.

Thanks, just saw that as well. Here's a little info on his case: http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/7/10/5887203/chris-culliver-preliminary-setting-hearing-scheduled-for-thursday-9-a

awesome I couldn't find anything...looks like he has been cleared to practice.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Inquiring minds would like to know! Does he have a twitter?

Yeah he does https://twitter.com/Cullyinthehouse

Looks like he is getting ready for camp...but nothing about his legal situation.

Thanks, just saw that as well. Here's a little info on his case: http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/7/10/5887203/chris-culliver-preliminary-setting-hearing-scheduled-for-thursday-9-a

awesome I couldn't find anything...looks like he has been cleared to practice though.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
CullyInTheHouse is back !

• lazy
  • Veteran
I'm glad Culliver is back and healthy, hopefully he has really good year for the 49ers.
  • thl408
Didn't notice him much in the first game of the preseason. Just that he is now playing RCB, which he never did when he was the part of the nickel package (and Rogers slid to slot CB). This will be a slight adjustment for Cully, but what this means is that Brock is 'the man' as he takes the LCB position.
Niners were working on a contract extension w/ him before his brass-knuckles incident. Hope they get a deal done soon.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Aug 13, 2014 at 10:24 PM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
It looks to me as if he's rounding into form.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I like the guy, he brings that swagger.. I just hope he would stop being an aHole off the field and get his act together.. he's got the talent, and his feistiness can help him a lot in this league.. he can be similar to Sherman of them Seahawks..
Any news on this guy...I'm worried b/c Roger God has decided to rework all his personal conduct policies JUST in time to smash Aldon (older case than Ray Rice), Culliver and then perhaps, McDonald.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 2, 2014 at 4:38 PM ]
y
Any news on this guy...I'm worried b/c Roger God has decided to rework all his personal conduct policies JUST in time to smash Aldon (older case than Ray Rice), Culliver and then perhaps, McDonald.

I was just wondering if anything was going to happy with culliver but I suppose not until the season is over at this point.

Roger didn't do anything change anything for Aldon. He had 4 arrests. That's a lot. It had nothing to do with DV either.

Originally posted by ring_less:
y
I was just wondering if anything was going to happy with culliver but I suppose not until the season is over at this point.

Roger didn't do anything change anything for Aldon. He had 4 arrests. That's a lot. It had nothing to do with DV either.

nothing is happening until the process is over with. if aldon has dragged his legal troubles throughout the season he wouldn't have been suspended until it was all done.

same for culliver who i think is going to surprise people. i really feel we have 2 lockdown corners on the outside in him and brock.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
nothing is happening until the process is over with. if aldon has dragged his legal troubles throughout the season he wouldn't have been suspended until it was all done.

same for culliver who i think is going to surprise people. i really feel we have 2 lockdown corners on the outside in him and brock.

I am not so sure about that. It is hard to know what we have ... hardly any of the starters played. I think the key will be the pass rush as far as out corners looking good. I sure hope they can pressure the QB without Smith and Bowman.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

I am not so sure about that. It is hard to know what we have ... hardly any of the starters played. I think the key will be the pass rush as far as out corners looking good. I sure hope they can pressure the QB without Smith and Bowman.

i say this because they have the physical tools they have the ball skills they have the aggressiveness and they know this system inside and out. the starting corners know everything there is to know and are on an upward trajectory.

nobody is faster than those 2 and they aren't going to just allow wr's to catch the ball like our previous 2 corners. plus in nickel those 2 don't have to move or shift. they're outside permanently.

I feel like neither is shutdown corner

cully's major weakness is getting beat deep and often inability to find the ball in the air. he is prone to some horrible games (see lloyd destroying him in 2012, superbowl, and a few other games where he was lucky to have crappy QBs overthrow the ball). his man skills are great but those two things are concerns for me
brock's major weakness is being too eager to jump routes, which can come back and bite him in the ass (see jags TD last year)

obviously no corner out there is perfect, but I feel like we're far away from labeling these two lockdown corners just yet.
I think by mid season he'll be back to that form.... when he was one of the top rated CB's in the league (2012)
Share 49ersWebzone