There are 219 users in the forums

The NFL should expand the draft to 32 rounds.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Pick all new players, let last years players go down the road since they are so unhappy with the NFL and just start over, new players and a new philosophy.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Joe, you are too old to play. I don't care how those Shape-Ups make you feel.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

But I have been feeling really good lately..........
Originally posted by JoeMontana:

But I have been feeling really good lately..........

so?

Nah, they should take all the NFL players that don't like the deal that was offered and send them packing. Create a draft of the players that want to play and all teams get to pick like the Texans did when they where a new franchise. Even out the talent...

That would be cool to see but seriously the MLB and NBA should do that... those two leagues are about 4-5 teams each and the rest are starting to not matter. They are becoming farm systems or development leagues for the rest of the teams. The time a bad team develops a good player they want to bolt and the rich get richer because they don't give up much in return.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 5, 2011 at 5:21 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Nah, they should take all the NFL players that don't like the deal that was offered and send them packing. Create a draft of the players that want to play and all teams get to pick like the Texans did when they where a new franchise. Even out the talent...

That would be cool to see but seriously the MLB and NBA should do that... those two leagues are about 4-5 teams each and the rest are starting to not matter. They are becoming farm systems or development leagues for the rest of the teams. The time a bad team develops a good player they want to bolt and the rich get richer because they don't give up much in return.

I'd bolt too. Some of these bad teams need to stop being bad. No one asked Minnesota to trade Brandon Roy for Randy Foye, and then get pick #5 and 6 overall in the draft to take one pg no one else would have taken that early and another pg who wont even leave his foreign country. Not to mention the fact that they drafted TWO pgs at #5 and 6.

No one told the Clippers to do Clipperish things like they always do.

NFL superstars can't leave their bad teams because they'll get franchise tagged if they tried. Then they'll be told of how an inferior talent is so much better than themselves because that inferior talent was on a Superbowl winning team.

I'd bolt too. Some of these bad teams need to stop being bad. No one asked Minnesota to trade Brandon Roy for Randy Foye, and then get pick #5 and 6 overall in the draft to take one pg no one else would have taken that early and another pg who wont even leave his foreign country. Not to mention the fact that they drafted TWO pgs at #5 and 6.

NFL superstars can't leave their bad teams because they'll get franchise tagged if they tried. Then they'll be told of how an inferior talent is so much better than themselves because that inferior talent was on a Superbowl winning team.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

Good points and I agree management and coaching also keeps these teams down but I still hate how bad the parity of those leagues are. It seems like every year the same teams are in the playoffs and the same teams are bad. The NFL changes much more and the super bowl winner is more spread out. I added it up one time but the Celtics/Lakers have like half of the entire history of championships. Baseball you have like 2 teams with like 1/3 or so. With football the most is 6 and the top two would be 11 of 45 for like 24%. And you don't have too many teams with 0 championships like the other leagues. I know the other sports have more championships in their histories but think of Steelers as 6 out of 45 (13%) compared to Yankees 27 out of 108 (or so) (25%) and Lakers 17 out of 60 (28%).
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 5, 2011 at 11:58 PM ]

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
A 32 round draft would probably take two weeks to get done.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

Good points and I agree management and coaching also keeps these teams down but I still hate how bad the parity of those leagues are. It seems like every year the same teams are in the playoffs and the same teams are bad. The NFL changes much more and the super bowl winner is more spread out. I added it up one time but the Celtics/Lakers have like half of the entire history of championships. Baseball you have like 2 teams with like 1/3 or so. With football the most is 6 and the top two would be 11 of 45 for like 24%. And you don't have too many teams with 0 championships like the other leagues. I know the other sports have more championships in their histories but think of Steelers as 6 out of 45 (13%) compared to Yankees 27 out of 108 (or so) (25%) and Lakers 17 out of 60 (28%).

You have to understand that I'm a Laker fan, so naturally the problem with parity in the NBA is not very problematic to me

But anyone has to admit that it's pretty ridiculous for one team to play in nearly half the NBA finals even it's my favorite team. Ok, now I'm just bragging. But really, it is ridiculous. While their are a lot of factors that go into football having significantly more parity such as free agents not bolting to the big markets, one factor that I believe is overlooked is the playoff system.

With basketball and baseball, you have to win 4 games to advance to the next round (except rd1 in baseball). It's almost impossible to have upsets in that situation. You may be able to rise up and beat Goliath once, but you're probably not gonna do it 4 out of 7 times. There's no way the NY Giants would have beaten the Pats in a 7 game series. I think the Steelers would have been hoisting another Lombardi this year. I don't think the Packers would have beaten us in a 7 game series in 1995. And I certainly think the 80's 49ers would have been like the 60's Celtics with 7 game series.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

• Paul
  • Veteran
sounds like the Fantasy Draft on Madden, no thanks
This thread is more gay than a guy wearing a pair of Sketchers
Share 49ersWebzone