There are 154 users in the forums

Its time for Realinement, your thoughts...

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CoachingMatters:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by boast:

Wouldnt that be a 1/3 man, 1/3 bear, 1/3 pig?

no! 1/2 Pig, 1/2 Bear, 1/2 Man.

Are you saying someone's a previously banned member? Because that's what I got out of those 3 letters...

lol what I dont get is even if they are PBMs, as long as they aren't bothering the board why not let them be? I mean if they learned from their lessons and they just want to post, why is it such a big deal? Why need to be the one to point it out? I don't get that.

a PBM would say that
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by boast:

Wouldnt that be a 1/3 man, 1/3 bear, 1/3 pig?

no! 1/2 Pig, 1/2 Bear, 1/2 Man.

Are you saying someone's a previously banned member? Because that's what I got out of those 3 letters...

Is that clip from Time Bandits?
Can we get a team in one of the Dakota's or maybe Oregon?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

No, if memory serves me correctly, it's a clip from Golden Child,
with Eddie Murphy.
i think you need to realign your proposal because its impossible to read.

also, i like the divisions the way they are.

[ Edited by HessianDud on Mar 20, 2011 at 16:29:40 ]
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

No, if memory serves me correctly, it's a clip from Golden Child,
with Eddie Murphy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091129/

The actor is Charles Dance, his character is named Sardo Numspa
Originally posted by HessianDud:
...I like the divisions the way they are.

Your feelings are understandable. However, about 3 seasons ago, I did a similar realignment
which I actually intended to send to the NFL offices in NYC. It's the second time I'd done a
realignment of the league. The 1st time, was when the NFC West, consisted of:
  • Atlanta
  • New Orleans
  • Los Angeles
  • San Francisco

I personally feel the league dropped the ball, when they offered the current set-up now used.
OK to Good - but it could be much better. My alignment was lost in a major computer crash,
of which I was only able to recover some of my data.

I stated that change has been constant during the history of the NFL, and the league needed
to evolve as such. I'd imagine, there were people all throughout the history of the NFL, who
have liked things as they were. So, my proposal was based on:
  • current rivalries
  • proximity in terms of air miles
  • creating new and obvious rivalries

A lot of time and effort went into the project, as far as, research goes. Just too busy,
to start the process all over again. My angle, was to show the NFL they could generate
and tap into revenues they could not imagine under the current system, keeping certain
rivalries going with well thought out scheduling, with less air travel, resulting in less pollution.
The Green approach so to speak.

In reality, it's all generational when it comes down to it, as far as the alignment is concerned.
Some fans, are old enough to remember, when the Browns, Colts, and Steelers, played in another
league, yet alone another division. The merger changed all of that. I'm sure there were many a fan
not too happy with that at first.

There are (IMO), teams that should be in the same division based on their proximity to one
another. For some of the teams, I found it hard to realign them in a manner I felt would best please
the majority.

On the West Coast though, in regard to travel and creating rivalries (with us fans) beyond mere words:
Oakland, San Francisco, Seattle, and San Diego just makes sense. They (the NFL office/owners)
could agree to call the new conferences/ division what they want...it's only a title/words anyway.

Certain regions of the USA, have teams (in areas) where there is no excuse for them no being in the
same division. It could work, while still scheduling certain old rivals to play each other every season,
until the fan base became accustomed to the the changes. As I stated earlier, how you view the NFL,
is relative to your generation.

Here are; just from memory, other teams I felt should be in the same division:
Miami, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville
NYG, NYJ, Philadelpia,
Dallas, Houston, New Orleans
Denver, Kansas City, Saint Louis

Of course, and because of location, some of the alignments were, and would be more difficult
to complete. Certain teams need not be bothered i.e. the Black and Blue division. I wish I could
remember more from my work on the alignment I did, I'd post it to see what others thoughts are.

[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Mar 20, 2011 at 19:12:31 ]
^^ I wouldn't be opposed to realignment of some kind, but i think the divisions the way they are are just fine, and certainly better than they were before the current alignment. It would be cool if we were in the same division as Oakland, but they've always been an AFC team and we've always been an NFC team, and while jumping conferences isn't necessarily that big of a deal, I think you've got to balance regional sensibility with history.
It would be cool if we were in the same division as Oakland, but they've always been an AFC team and we've always been an NFC team...

Not trying to argue Hess, but it all semantics. Seattle was an AFC team that played the Raiders,
Chargers, and Broncos for many seasons pre-alignment. People have adjusted and seemingly
the fans as well.

[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Mar 21, 2011 at 05:51:35 ]
It would be cool if we were in the same division as Oakland, but they've always been an AFC team and we've always been an NFC team...

Not trying to argue Hess, but it all semantics. Seattle was an AFC team that played the Raiders,
Chargers, and Broncos for many seasons pre-easlignment. People have adjusted and seemingly
the fans as well.

oh, i know, but the Raiders are an old school classic AFL team and while their being in the AFC is, like I said, not that big of a deal, I don't think we need realignment enough to justify moving teams around with a historic tie to one conference or another. I mean, it wouldn't seem right if the Cowboys were in the AFC and the Steelers in the NFC, semantics or not.

And no one gives a s**t about the Seahawks. They're a bunch of gay dumb morons.

Sea, SF, OAk, Den

LA (formaly Jax), ARi, SD, DAL

ATL, Mia, TB, Car

Hou, No, Tenn, STL

Chi, KC, Indy, Cinnci

Vikes, GB, Clev, Det

Pitt, Buf, Wash, Balt.

Phi, NYG, NYJ, NE

Chargers, and Broncos for many seasons pre-easlignment. People have adjusted and seemingly
the fans as well.

oh, i know, but the Raiders are an old school classic AFL team and while their being in the AFC is, like I said, not that big of a deal, I don't think we need realignment enough to justify moving teams around with a historic tie to one conference or another. I mean, it wouldn't seem right if the Cowboys were in the AFC and the Steelers in the NFC, semantics or not.

And no one gives a s**t about the Seahawks. They're a bunch of gay dumb mormons.

fixed... if they played in Utah anyway
...while jumping conferences isn't necessarily that big of a deal, I think you've got to balance regional sensibility with history.

Point well taken. I think this would seemingly be the biggest hurdle, for most owners and fans alike.
...while jumping conferences isn't necessarily that big of a deal, I think you've got to balance regional sensibility with history.

Point well taken. I think this would seemingly be the biggest hurdle, for most owners and fans alike.

That is the tough part. In the bay you have 2 baseball teams. One in the NL and one in the AL. Same in LA, NY, etc.

[ Edited by CoachingMatters on Mar 20, 2011 at 19:42:24 ]
You realize the NFL isn't going to take old AFL teams like the chargers, raiders, etc and move them from the AFC to the NFC.
Share 49ersWebzone