LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 157 users in the forums

Tiki Barber to UN-RETIRE!

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • JD81
  • Veteran
First saw this when Rodney Harrison re-tweeted it:

Rodney_Harrison WOW RT @maxx_talent: BREAKING NEWS #maxxclient Tiki Barber has filed the papers with the NFL to officially come out of retirement.

Original link here via his agency: http://twitter.com/MAXX_Talent/status/45200919998103553

Crazy. Dude must be mad broke.

Jay Glazer of FoxSports has confirmed this:

Jay_Glazer Just talked w Tiki Barber and his agent Mark Lepselter, Tiki has filed papers to come out of retirement, says he wants to play again
[ Edited by JD81 on Mar 8, 2011 at 11:24 AM ]
Whatever. This has to be a f**king joke.
Let's sign Tiki Barber
Isnt he like 35 years old?
[ Edited by valrod33 on Mar 8, 2011 at 11:21 AM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Isnt he like 35 years old?

Maybe he wants to be a replacement player for the lockout.
he prolly wants to win a superbowl.
Jay Glazer Jay_Glazer

Just talked w Tiki Barber and his agent Mark Lepselter, Tiki has filed papers to come out of retirement, says he wants to play again
didnt he leave his pregnant wife for his asst or something like that? he probably needs the loot, even if he cashes in 2 years at a vet minnimum salary
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
didnt he leave his pregnant wife for his asst or something like that? he probably needs the loot, even if he cashes in 2 years at a vet minnimum salary

this
He is still under contract with Giants

and will be 36 next month, Fool wont make the team

Is he still an analyst for NBC Sports? He would make a lot more than the league minimum doing that job.
Jay_Glazer

Tiki told me "After seeing how much fun Ronde is still having it re-ignited my fire and I'm looking forward to the challenge of seeing if...

Jay_Glazer

"... I can get back to the level of where I was." Told me Giants have to activate him then decide to release him or not
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

Is he still an analyst for NBC Sports? He would make a lot more than the league minimum doing that job.

i would think you'd make more at a vet minnimum in pro sports than a studio analyst or sideline reporter or whatever he does

i would think you'd make more at a vet minnimum in pro sports than a studio analyst or sideline reporter or whatever he does

he doesnt do that he got canned amid the scandal of him and his wife
Originally posted by valrod33:

he doesnt do that he got canned amid the scandal of him and his wife

then there ya go, he needs the loot i bet, i think his wife was even prego with twins when he left her
Share 49ersWebzone