There are 169 users in the forums

Sources: NFLPA to decertify by March 3

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Esco:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
This is supposed to help prevent a lockout. So what happens then?

Each side files lawsuits against each other.

Do the players come into camp like nothing happened then while the lawsuits are happening? Or would it go from a lockout to a strike?

_________

It remains a lockout. In practicality all it takes for a "strike" is the players collectively vow not to show up. But that isn't the issue since they want to get paid.

Coaches are not allowed to meet with players at team facilities. However, legally, there is nothing preventing coaches and players "randomly" meeting up at a park or rented facility on their own and at their own expense.
whos actually on the owners side? theyre pushing for 18 games and more money even though THEYRE the multi millionares that own teams worth 500 mil to 1 bil+ in worth...

i think the players would be happy with remaining at 16 games at this point and same pay as it is right now.

the owners think theyre invincible because the league is so popular. hopefully they dont choose to learn the lesson Major League Baseball did in 1994 about how spiteful American sports fans can be when you take away their favorite sport over money.
Originally posted by Niners99:
whos actually on the owners side? theyre pushing for 18 games and more money even though THEYRE the multi millionares that own teams worth 500 mil to 1 bil+ in worth...

i think the players would be happy with remaining at 16 games at this point and same pay as it is right now.

the owners think theyre invincible because the league is so popular. hopefully they dont choose to learn the lesson Major League Baseball did in 1994 about how spiteful American sports fans can be when you take away their favorite sport over money.

Exactly! They WILL lose fans over this if it continues. I used to be a huge MLB fan, until that strike. Since then I have seen 5-10 games. I lost interest.

Neither the owners or players are right on this one. They are both greedy. It's the fans who are being shafted with ever increasing ticket prices, parking fees, $9 bottles of water, etc. I for one have had it!
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:

Exactly! They WILL lose fans over this if it continues. I used to be a huge MLB fan, until that strike. Since then I have seen 5-10 games. I lost interest.

Neither the owners or players are right on this one. They are both greedy. It's the fans who are being shafted with ever increasing ticket prices, parking fees, $9 bottles of water, etc. I for one have had it!

i don't see how the players are being greedy. if not for the owners, it would be business as usual right now.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
WEST-SIDE
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:

Me too. I used to love to play and watch baseball. During the lockout i was rather young and didn't really understand what happened. All i knew is that both sides wanted more money, which is true.

After that my interest in baseball collapsed. It was reguvinated by the Sammy Sosa and Mcguire HR chase. Then it was crushed again by the steroid scandal. As it turns out, all my favorite players growing up did steroids. Even some pitches i liked.

After that I said "f**k baseball." Its a s**tty league where Yankees or some big market teams always end up winning and shafting poor teams like my favorite team (The A's)

f**k the unlimited cap and f**k baseball.
Originally posted by Nes49:
EAST-SIDE

Share 49ersWebzone