There are 194 users in the forums

QB Options Dwindling

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Quote:
Tebow
V. Young

It's a very real possibility that the only advocate for Tebow in Denver has left the building (McDaniels). He may be available.

And, he's the real deal.

Ill cry if we add Teebow (another Urban Meyer QB) to this roster. I refuse to believe we will. He didnt really do anything special against the Texans whos D was already horrible last year.
I still want mcnabb first option as our starter. Second option would be palmer. Then maybe kolb....smith is comparable to kolb and has done a little more with far less help from the ol oc and wrs.....so its a toss up between kolb and smith.

I hope wr sign mcnabb instead of smith and kolb.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Pfft. I don't really want Flynn, Orton, or Palmer anyway.

McNabb
Kolb
Newton
Gabbert
Locker
Tebow
V. Young

plenty of options

That's a whole lot of mediocrity right there. I'd take Kolb but I dont want to break the bank for him either.
Originally posted by NickV:

McNabb
Kolb
Newton
Gabbert
Locker
Tebow
V. Young

plenty of options

That's a whole lot of mediocrity right there. I'd take Kolb but I dont want to break the bank for him either.

kolb has a career passer rating only 1 better than smiths career passer rating and that includes smiths rookie season

and keep in mind reid is better than nolan and sing combines x10000

and kolb had the better team too
i just dont think kolb is even worth a 3rd
  • dj43
The options have always been slim.

This is a VERY bad year to need a QB. Draft, FA or trade, the options are not very good.
josh johnson
ABC (Anyone, but Carr)

McNabb
Kolb
Newton
Gabbert
Locker
Tebow
V. Young

plenty of options

Anyone will be better than Alex Smith.
Originally posted by bigmike55:

Coach Harbaugh doesn't agree with you.

Originally posted by aTx49er:

I think he does he just can't sign or trade for anyone now.

Now is the key word. We will be drafting a qb and the CBA will be resolved sooner or later. Bringing alex back just to have another qb on the roster doesn't make sense unless he thinks he can work with him.
Originally posted by elguapo:
I still want mcnabb first option as our starter. Second option would be palmer. Then maybe kolb....smith is comparable to kolb and has done a little more with far less help from the ol oc and wrs.....so its a toss up between kolb and smith.

I hope wr sign mcnabb instead of smith and kolb.

McNabb wouldnt be a bad option. Yeah he had a bad season in Washington but that team has a whole plethora of problems from the top down. McNabb has always been a good leader and thats what we need to beat into the head of our future QB. HE MUST BE A GOOD LEADER. We can probably get him for cheap and use him to help develop the QB's we draft. I have a strong inclination to believe we'll take 2, im thinking Colin Kaepernick and Greg McElroy
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by NickV:

McNabb
Kolb
Newton
Gabbert
Locker
Tebow
V. Young

plenty of options

kolb has a career passer rating only 1 better than smiths career passer rating and that includes smiths rookie season

and keep in mind reid is better than nolan and sing combines x10000

and kolb had the better team too
i just dont think kolb is even worth a 3rd

Kolb also had the chance to sit and learn the same offensive system, unlike Smith. While it's fine to bash Smith, why are they praising Kolb? What excuses does he have?

Now is the key word. We will be drafting a qb and the CBA will be resolved sooner or later. Bringing alex back just to have another qb on the roster doesn't make sense unless he thinks he can work with him.

He can give it a try. He will see soon enough during games he has skills, but his head is not there.
Share 49ersWebzone