There are 135 users in the forums

Reggie Bush to Be Cut???

Shop 49ers game tickets
Watching the late addition of NFL Total Access and Jason Lacyourmamma said that Bush is scheduled to make 11 million this year and is likely to be cut by NO. Personally, I would love to see what this kid could do in the Harbaugh offense. I'm not sure how much he would cost, but if the price is reasonable I would love to pick him up. Any thoughts?
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Feb 23, 2011 at 10:02 PM ]
this would definitely bring the niner hype back to me. it kind of died a few weeks after the harbaugh signing
I could see them just restructuring his contract
Originally posted by YungAce:
this would definitely bring the niner hype back to me. it kind of died a few weeks after the harbaugh signing

Yeah, this offseason is going to suck without a CBA...

I just think if he is properly utilitzed Reggie's best years are still in front of him. With a creative mind like Harbaugh it could be magical.
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
I could see them just restructuring his contract

He did mention that, but NO has a pretty good stable of backs. If your Bush, do you really want to waiste your talent sitting behind Thomas?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Not that Bush is the answer, or even a starting caliber RB. But Frank Gore probably only has one good year left in him.

We absolutely must consider our future at RB.
Lets rub it in Carrolls face
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by okdkid:
Not that Bush is the answer, or even a starting caliber RB. But Frank Gore probably only has one good year left in him.

Frank Gore has only one good year left!!!!

The way he runs, I'm not sure he has even 1 year left in him.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

_______

Frank Gore is amazing. But he isn't long for this organization. Anybody with objectivity can see that. He gets hurt EVERY year, misses 3 or so games. Now he has a hip fracture. Even if he is 100%, the fact remains he is approaching 30 and has an assload of injuries (even by RB standards).

We have to at least consider the options moving forward. It's the smart thing to do.

Originally posted by zillabeast:

The way he runs, I'm not sure he has even 1 year left in him.

Gore actually has a pretty good running style with low pad level drive with legs. It's the backs that run upright (Brandon Jacobs, Adrian Peterson, etc.) that have limited careers.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

_______

Frank Gore is amazing. But he isn't long for this organization. Anybody with objectivity can see that. He gets hurt EVERY year, misses 3 or so games. Now he has a hip fracture. Even if he is 100%, the fact remains he is approaching 30 and has an assload of injuries (even by RB standards).

We have to at least consider the options moving forward. It's the smart thing to do.

I'd have to say 2-3 good season left as our primary back, and 3-4 as a rotational back. I agree, we have to start looking for the next best thing, but one good year, c'mon man.

Oh and Reggie Bush would be a nice change of pace back to go along with Gore and Dixon.

_______

I'd have to say 2-3 good season left as our primary back, and 3-4 as a rotational back. I agree, we have to start looking for the next best thing, but one good year, c'mon man.

Oh and Reggie Bush would be a nice change of pace back to go along with Gore and Dixon.

this.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:

_______

this.

Exactly the point I was about to make, reggie's a tailback and one of the better change of pace guys out there. Great receiving option.

He can still take carries from gore(which is really necessary to keep frank healthy), but we also won't just throw him up the middle like singletary used to do all the time with frank lol.

I was thinking we'd have to address this in the draft, with another coffee-esque pick(minus the whole retiring thing). But if reggie is there, we should definitely try for him.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Bush is going to want more money than he's worth, where ever he goes. He can't stay healthy either. I'd take him, but for what I'd be willing to pay, NO would likely pay that and he's better off there than anywhere.
Share 49ersWebzone