There are 158 users in the forums

Why Green Bay Won the Superbowl

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by danimal:
They won because we have stupid owners and they don't
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Watching the packers with all their walsh type slants makes me ill.

Why? Walsh started the WCO in Cincinnati, so is the entire SF 80's dynasty STOLEN!!!!!!! from Cincinnati and Paul Brown?

ugh please. Quit hanging on to the past and support your team winning by any means necessary, whether that be a vertical Coryell offense, a power run game, or by running the god damned option, as long as it works and brings success to the team, no?

[ Edited by jojomellon on Feb 12, 2011 at 00:34:29 ]
Green Bay won the Super Bowl because...

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Dom Capers

They paired a franchise QB with one of the all-time great defensive coordinators.
Originally posted by jojomellon:

Why? Walsh started the WCO in Cincinnati, so is the entire SF 80's dynasty STOLEN!!!!!!! from Cincinnati and Paul Brown?

ugh please. Quit hanging on to the past and support your team winning by any means necessary, whether that be a vertical Coryell offense, a power run game, or by running the god damned option, as long as it works and brings success to the team, no?

No. A winning franchise is about identity. We are who we are. We should never change. The west coast offense is what makes this team the 49ers. Thats why i am a fan. Do you think steeler fans would be happy if their team became an an offensive juggernaut with a mediocre defense? No way.
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
because they have these guys

but #31 Al Harris was released at the beginning of the season so it couldn't be because of him
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jojomellon:

No. A winning franchise is about identity. We are who we are. We should never change. The west coast offense is what makes this team the 49ers. Thats why i am a fan. Do you think steeler fans would be happy if their team became an an offensive juggernaut with a mediocre defense? No way.

And just incase anyone forgot we've tried all that other sh!t and we still ain't winning. The WCO was maybe born in Cincy but it evolved into a WINNING offense with the 9ers.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Just Great! Jim Harbaugh accessing those Walsh films is like being last in the train line for a hooker. What will he know that everyone else doesn't?

YOU ARE A SOB.....HAHAHAHAHAHA A PI MY PANTS....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LOL

GREETINGS FFROM LIMA - PERU
  • dj43
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Green Bay won the Super Bowl because...

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Dom Capers

They paired a franchise QB with one of the all-time great defensive coordinators.

Gotta include McCarthy in there as well. His game plan and plays call had Dick LeBeau off-balance all game long. McCarthy emerged this season as one of the top 5 coaches in the league. Just keeping that team together with all the injuries during the season was a major feat in itself. He isn't quite on the level with Belichick and Reid but he is ahead of the others.
They won bc they have deep talent and coaches who can access talent. They lost a lot of starters during the season and even lost 3 starters during the Super Bowl.

This team, healthy or not is a Super Bowl contender
  • dj43
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
They won bc they have deep talent and coaches who can access talent. They lost a lot of starters during the season and even lost 3 starters during the Super Bowl.

They are young and deep. I can only imagine what Rodgers and the offense will do next season with Jermichael Finley back in the lineup. There won't be a team in the league that can cover their receivers...plus getting Ryan Grant back along with an emergence of Starks. That is going to be very potent.

The only question mark is Woodson but he sure didn't show any signs of slowing down this past season.

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Sims84:
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
because they have these guys

but #31 Al Harris was released at the beginning of the season so it couldn't be because of him

is that Ray Finkle
Originally posted by dj43:

They are young and deep. I can only imagine what Rodgers and the offense will do next season with Jermichael Finley back in the lineup. There won't be a team in the league that can cover their receivers...plus getting Ryan Grant back along with an emergence of Starks. That is going to be very potent.

The only question mark is Woodson but he sure didn't show any signs of slowing down this past season.

Their cornerback Williams is a top tier CB in the league
  • dj43
Originally posted by dj43:

Their cornerback Williams is a top tier CB in the league
Yep, he was a very nice surprise for them. He came from nowhere to be a real asset to that defense.
Originally posted by SacRock14:

According to the film Finkle had lost the Super Bowl to the Niners
Share 49ersWebzone