LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Eagles players do good for bullied teen

Shop 49ers game tickets
Quote:
Players do good for bullied teen

Posted by Evan Silva on February 4, 2011, 9:59 AM EST

Upper Darby, Pa. high school student Nadin Khoury was recently attacked and hung up on an iron fence by seven teenage bullies. Eagles players DeSean Jackson, Jamaal Jackson, and Todd Herremans have Khoury’s back.

DeSean, Jamaal, and Todd appeared on ABC’s The View to meet Khoury and assure him he has two NFL offensive linemen (and the 5-foot-10, 175-pound Jackson) on his side should he encounter any more trouble.

“Anytime ever you need us, I got two linemen right here,” said the Eagles’ Pro Bowl receiver. “We’re one phone call away.”

DeSean gave Khoury an autographed No. 10 jersey off his back, while Herremans offered tickets to any Eagles game next season. Jamaal presented Khoury a huge gift basket.

Video of the incident (shot by one of the bullies) in the background of Khoury’s appearance on The View can be seen at this link. It depicts Khoury being dragged through the snow by his feet before he’s hung by his coat on the fence.

The bullies, ranging in age from 13 to 17, were arrested and charged with juvenile kidnapping, assault, recklessly endangering another person, and unlawful restraint. They’ll be held for “at least a week, for evaluation and pending these charges.”

Khoury’s family has moved away from the school.

LINK HERE...
"Hi, Desean? This is Roger Goodell. Please don't tell a national TV audience that Eagles offensive lineman are going to beat up teenagers. Kthxbye."
Originally posted by HessianDud:
"Hi, Desean? This is Roger Goodell. Please don't tell a national TV audience that Eagles offensive lineman are going to beat up teenagers. Kthxbye."

very well done

Anybody got that Haters Gunna Hate gif with this TD??

[ Edited by sf49ersx11 on Feb 4, 2011 at 13:17:37 ]
Why is everyone hating? These players did a good thing.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Why is everyone hating? These players did a good thing.

i'm not really hating. i mean, its nice of those guys to say that and stand up for the kid, even if its just basically moral support. i just thought it was funny to be like "we got your back, we're a phone call away" as if they're going to drive over and rough the bullies up, which obviously they're not.
Am I the only one that thought it was funny to hang that kid on the fence by his jacket?
that was awesome of those players to cheer the kid up. i looked up the video and it's horrible how noone stopped to help
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Am I the only one that thought it was funny to hang that kid on the fence by his jacket?

hell no you're not alone, that's hilarious. That's some old school cartoon-styled bullying right there. Little Charlie Brown motherf**ker hanging on a fence. lulz.

hell no you're not alone, that's hilarious. That's some old school cartoon-styled bullying right there. Little Charlie Brown motherf**ker hanging on a fence. lulz.

Kidnapping and assault? What is this country coming to?

Kidnapping and assault? What is this country coming to?

riots. laugh riots!

yeah, it is funny. Cool of the eagles, but still funny.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
That kid needs to learn how to fight not get autographed jerseys from some football players.

Desean isn't going to come running the next time that kid gets in a fight.
  • Paul
  • Veteran

yeah and I'm sure you'd be dying of laughter if that was your kid someone did that to
Originally posted by crzy:
That kid needs to learn how to fight not get autographed jerseys from some football players.

Desean isn't going to come running the next time that kid gets in a fight.

3 to 1, not a fair fight. can't expect him to be bruce lee
Share 49ersWebzone