LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 296 users in the forums

Who is the NFL's Best Coach?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Paul
  • Veteran
With close to less than a week before the Super Bowl, as of right now who is the NFL's best head coach? To me personally it's Mike Tomline, 2 super bowl appearances in 4 years...4 straight winning seasons, 3 playoff appearances (43-21 overall). I know he took over a very good coaching situation with the Steelers but he is already a better coach to me than Cowher, and I think he (along with the other steeler's staff) is one of the reasons why Green Bay will lose.

Who is your pick? (seriously)
  • dman
  • Veteran
Belichick or Reid
I'm very impressed with McCarthy and Tomlin. They're both supported by top notch DC's and outstanding front office people and they make the most of it. Rex Ryan is a blow-hard but he can coach his a$$ off. And then there's also the hooded one in New England.

I guess I gotta go with Tomlin right now.
LMAO at anyone who doesn't pick Bellicheck.
Right now, I have to say Mike Tomlin.
  • mod
  • Veteran
BB
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by aman49:
LMAO at anyone who doesn't pick Bellicheck.

how RIGHT NOW, when he hasn't won a playoff game in 3 yrs?

[ Edited by Paul on Jan 28, 2011 at 00:18:48 ]
Belicheck and Tomlin are the top coaches imo
Its Belichick by a mile. he runs the show in NE. hes the mastermind behind their success. Brady has helped him alot, but he makes it all happen like Walsh made it happen with Montana.

Mike Tomlin was hired into a GREAT system. the Steelers organization is well structured from top to bottom. And Dick LeBeau, possibly the best DC in NFL history, has been around the whole time. The Steelers have always been defense first. without their trademark D, they would have 0 rings.

im sick of everyone calling Tomlin an elite coach just because hes going to his 2nd super bowl in 4 years. hes a very good coach in an excellent system. without the Steelers organizational structure and Dick LeBeau coordinating elite defense, he would look like a very ordinary coach.

[ Edited by Niners99 on Jan 28, 2011 at 01:32:37 ]
DenniMike EricNolanTary

Now? Billecheat

All time? Good luck on that one. So many great coaches. But my biased ass will say Bill Walsh!
Originally posted by Niners99:
Its Belichick by a mile. he runs the show in NE. hes the mastermind behind their success. Brady has helped him alot, but he makes it all happen like Walsh made it happen with Montana.

Mike Tomlin was hired into a GREAT system. the Steelers organization is well structured from top to bottom. And Dick LeBeau, possibly the best DC in NFL history, has been around the whole time. The Steelers have always been defense first. without their trademark D, they would have 0 rings.

im sick of everyone calling Tomlin an elite coach just because hes going to his 2nd super bowl in 4 years. hes a very good coach in an excellent system. without the Steelers organizational structure and Dick LeBeau coordinating elite defense, he would look like a very ordinary coach.

Could not agree with this more.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Jim Harbaugh. Not even close.
Originally posted by Amir_Mamu:
Jim Harbaugh. Not even close.

x2
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If its this year, I'd have to say Mike McCarthy. Taking a #6 seed to the Super Bowl gets my vote.
Share 49ersWebzone