LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 311 users in the forums

Jeff Fisher Apparently Out

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/27/report-jeff-fisher-on-the-way-out-in-tennessee/

This is nuts, I wonder if they'll end up keeping VY now.

[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Jan 27, 2011 at 15:18:56 ]
AdamSchefter

Even assistant coaches there don't know yet. RT @DonBanks: Big breaking NFL news: Jeff Fisher and the Titans are preparing to part ways.
Maybe Harbaugh can give Fisher a job in SF...as an Asst. OL and TE Coach.
LOL. Dumbasses. why wait so f**king long?
Classy of them to wiat until all the HC jobs filled
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Big question is who is the next HC of the Tennessee?
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Maybe Harbaugh can give Fisher a job in SF...as an Asst. OL and TE Coach.

Hell yeah!!
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/27/report-jeff-fisher-on-the-way-out-in-tennessee/

This is nuts, I wonder if they'll end up keeping VY now.

Adams already said VY wasn't going to be on the roster next year, and that the QB and HC positions would be dealt with as separate issues.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:

timkawakami Tim Kawakami

49ers got the right guy in Harbaugh, especially w/ QB void. But Fisher would've been a good fall-back option. Wonder if Harbaugh knew that.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Its official

Quote:
tennesseetitans Tennessee Titans

The Tennessee #Titans and Jeff Fisher have agreed to part ways and Fisher will no longer be the head coach of the team.

the titans are f**ked next year. it was really dumb to wait this long.
The titans went full retard here.
I think it is a good move. In 16 years the Titans have never won the big show. I think it is time for some new blood, given how down and out the team is right now.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I think it is a good move. In 16 years the Titans have never won the big show. I think it is time for some new blood, given how down and out the team is right now.

i have no problem with them firing him. its probably for the best, actually. it just seems like they could have made this decision a month ago and already have a staff set for all the pre-draft stuff. now they are going to have to scramble to find a staff when most of the HC candidates have found jobs. and now Fisher is basically out of a job for a year. IDK, i just don't know why they waited.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
As people have said teams are staying away from the old school head coaches that want a lot of control and big salaries. I could see Fisher out of the league for a few year, like Bill Cowher.
Share 49ersWebzone