LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 161 users in the forums

$200 superbowl ticket and watch the game on the huge outside HDTV screens.

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Chief
  • Veteran
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=6037397

If you want to attend Super Bowl XLV at Cowboys Stadium but can't get a ticket, the league is giving some Cowboys fans a chance.

The NFL will sell a $200 ticket to the game, but it comes with a catch. Fans will have to sit on the grass on the East Side of the stadium and watch the game on the huge outside HD TV screens.

"We've never done this before," Brian McCarthy, the NFL's vice president of corporate communications, said Wednesday.

The offer has been extended to Cowboys Club Seat season ticket holders, and must be purchased in blocks of four. Those who purchase the block of tickets receive a free parking pass, four Super Bowl programs and four scarves.

Tickets to get inside the stadium start at $600 and range all the way to $1,900 for the lower level. Ticket brokers' prices are considerably higher.

Capacity for the game is still being determined, McCarthy said. The outside party plaza tickets will count toward the official attendance.

When the Cowboys play home games at Cowboys Stadium, they sell standing room only party plaza tickets -- located in each end zone -- on a first-come, first-served basis. Those tickets were counted among the team's official attendance.

Party plaza tickets for the Super Bowl will not have inside access to the stadium because the NFL is erecting temporary bleacher seating in the party pass areas.

Calvin Watkins covers the Cowboys for ESPNDallas.com.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
f**k them, I will watch it for free in my own home with my own big HDTV.
you'd have to be a moron to pay that much.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Jerry Jones is counting on them to come out full swing.

• jimrat
  • Veteran
[img=]
head scratcher........
Me at my house, warm, beer, 55 inch HD...f*ck them
if i didnt wanna watch it at home or a buddies house id go to buffalo wild wings and watch it on their 30 or so big screens and projectors, get drunk, eat wings and hit on waitresses, all for less than 30 bucks. f**k paying 200 bucks to watch it on a big screen in the grass like a little kid.
Texans.....

Fans denied access to ticketed areas. NFL to offer 3x tickets face value

ARLINGTON, Texas – Angry fans outside a Cowboys Stadium fence chanted “Let us in!,” “Jerry sucks!” and “We want seats!” while being denied inside access for Super Bowl XLV on Sunday.

After initially being turned away at the gate, approximately 850 fans with tickets in temporary seating sections were relocated to similar or better seats for the game between the Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers.

After the game started, the NFL said another 400 fans who were not accommodated with seats in the stadium were eventually taken inside to watch the game on monitors in the North Field Club behind the Pittsburgh bench.
More Super Bowl coverage

“They also had the option of viewing the game from standing room platforms in each corner of the stadium,” the league said in a statement. “In addition, these fans will each receive a refund of triple the cost of the face value of their ticket. The face value of these tickets is $800.”

[ Edited by global_nomad on Feb 6, 2011 at 18:04:51 ]
Share 49ersWebzone