LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Mcnabb and Harbaugh would be sick!

Shop 49ers game tickets
when McNabb tears it up next year elsewhere, opinions will change. Same thing happened with Vick this past off season. McNabb still has a couple years left in the tank.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by boast:
McNabb lacks accuracy and leadership that Harbaugh looks for in the QB position. end of story.

and work ethic. He's also 34, injury prone, and not an upgrade over Alex right now. We need at least an upgrade.

Work ethic??? How so, he was with Washington throughout their whole off-season.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
when McNabb tears it up next year elsewhere, opinions will change. Same thing happened with Vick this past off season. McNabb still has a couple years left in the tank.

Vick is 4 years younger than Mcnabb. McNabb is on the downside of his career he got fat and out of shape this year.

What makes you think he will be motivated this year. He couldnt even get motivated when his former team traded him to a division rival.

he got benched in favor of Rex Grossman, CMON MAN
i wonder how ill they feel over in redskin land

Vick is an entirely different situation. Two things we learned last year: Vick's play improved tremendously when put in Reid's system, and Mcnabb's play worsened by roughly the same margin when placed outside of that system.

Vick is an entirely different situation. Two things we learned last year: Vick's play improved tremendously when put in Reid's system, and Mcnabb's play worsened by roughly the same margin when placed outside of that system.

I live in DC and watched them almost every game and it appears that folks actually believe what Shanahan sold the media. All that stuff about the 2 minute drill and him being out of shape is all crap from Shanahan to save face, and his sons poor play calling. Now there is is one real tangible thing that is a major problem and that's McNabb's accuracy. His deep passes and intermediate passes were great. but the short dump offs and crossing routes to keep the sticks moving is what he seemed to have a problem with. Sometimes it would be mind boggling to watch him miss a wide open WR. He's not great anymore but he's still solid. I wouldn't mind him for a 1/2 years. Folks want to credit Reid for all of Vick's accomplishment when Vick said it was McNabb's leadership and guidance that brought about more change in his game. He showed him how to handle himself and be professional and how to study film and better read defenses. Things that he can give to a young guy.
McNabb lacks accuracy and leadership that Harbaugh looks for in the QB position. end of story.

and work ethic. He's also 34, injury prone, and not an upgrade over Alex right now. We need at least an upgrade.

lol so ur saying the man that was on pace to break the redskins all time passing record isnt an upgrade over Alex Smith? LMAO Alex Smith is a joke and if we get McNabb Im willing to put GOOD money that at his age he will do better then Alex Smith EVER did.
McNabb sucks. He's not the same QB he was. He's lost a couple steps and holds the ball too long.
Originally posted by rawdel:
McNabb sucks. He's not the same QB he was. He's lost a couple steps and holds the ball too long.
I love how a lot of u give McNabb so much crap for being a 34, on The REDSKINS, the most dysfuntional team in the NFL, with an o line that is 10X worse than ours, and no run game at all...

mcnabb used to be good there is no doubt. the eagles have always had a good offense as well tho. but just answer me this.....what has mcnabb ever actually done?
I get scared of ex Andy Reid guys. I think his system just makes ballers out of everyone. I am hard pressed to think of another team who you almost can't downgrade when their starter is out.

Andy Reid as HC would be sick.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Work ethic??? How so, he was with Washington throughout their whole off-season.

McNabb is notorious for being a slacker in practice. It came out after the whole Rex Grossman incident this year.
I agree bring in the vet, coach up a rookie, take us to the Playoffs, on to the Super Bowl.
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
mcnabb used to be good there is no doubt. the eagles have always had a good offense as well tho. but just answer me this.....what has mcnabb ever actually done?

He is the Jim Kelly of NFC Championships
Share 49ersWebzone