LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Ladies and Gentleman I give you the new Josh McDaniel's

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Todd Haley!

Quote:
As pointed out (I think) in the first segment of today’s edition of ProFootballTalke Live and then reiterated (I know) in the third segment, the Chiefs’ horrendous offensive performance in the second half of Sunday’s 30-7 wild-card loss to the Ravens suggests that few if any meaningful halftime adjustments were made. Which suggests that the issues that prompted offensive coordinator Charlie Weis to take the same job with a college program potentially prevented Weis and coach Todd Haley from working effectively and cooperatively bubbled up during the 12-minute window between the second and third quarters.

As it turns out, those issues boiled over.

Bob Fescoe of 610 Sports in Kansas City reports that Haley stripped Weis of the play-calling duties during the second half of the game. Which means that the horrendous showing is on the shoulders not of the guy who left the team, but of the guy who’ll still be there.

The news confirms Jason Whitlock’s in-game instincts. After the Chiefs tried to run a sweep on fourth and short early in the second half, Whitlock said via Twitter: “Todd Haley, ladies and gentlemen. He just put his stamp on the game with 4th-down call. And trust me, that was all Haley.”

It was all Haley. For all of the second half.

Moving forward, the Chiefs have a real problem. Haley is believed to be too insecure to welcome a highly competent offensive coordinator. Instead, he’ll want someone over whom he can lord — and on whom he can place blame if things don’t go well.

At some point, it’ll become fair to ask whether G.M. Scott Pioli should be aiming one level higher than offensive coordinator when it comes to the question of filling vacant jobs.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/10/report-haley-stripped-play-calling-duties-from-weis/
Originally posted by zeppfan1:

Yup
he is an asshat.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
it seems dysfunction has left 4949 Centennial and landed in a few different places. word.
He was a douche bag back in AZ
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/11/jason-whitlock-thinks-charlie-weis-replacement-will-be-green-literally/
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
it seems dysfunction has left 4949 Centennial and landed in a few different places. word.

Thank. God.

or maybe it was the other guy.
I'm not a big fan of Haley, he seems like a bit of a bully. But I hate Jason Whitlock.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Go Haley!
Why does McDaniels have an apostrophe?

McDaniels best spot possible would be in KC as OC under Haley. Fits into the "New England of the West" mold they're building over there with Weis leaving and would have full control over the offense b/c Haley, for as much of an @$$ that he is, will let him run it.

Only problem would be that McDaniels doesn't utilize the RB position well and with TJ and JC there, would be a waste of talents...
already stated a few days ago, the Chiefs will not be very good next year
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
already stated a few days ago, the Chiefs will not be very good next year

They're like the Denver fluke last year except it just kept rolling somehow. They are much better than before but they are still an average team.
jason whitlock said jimmy raye's playbook is enormous...
Originally posted by WestCoast:
jason whitlock said jimmy raye's playbook is enormous...

Share 49ersWebzone