LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 159 users in the forums

Would you be satisfied if we could get hasselbeck and pick a 1st round QB?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Would you be satisfied if we could get hasselbeck and pick a 1st round QB?

I'd like Hasselback, but one, we aren't going to get him now, and two, too injury prone. We need a QB that is steady enough to keep the rookie (Cam Newton ) on the bench for a solid year. What Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan,and Ben Roethlisberger have done is great, but I prefer the Joe Montana/Phillip Rivers/Aaron Rodgers style of development.
Originally posted by forty9ers49:
Originally posted by susweel:
I'd be satisfied if we traded for Brady.

Yeah I think that would work for me.

under condition that he shaves his head.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I'd like Hasselback, but one, we aren't going to get him now, and two, too injury prone. We need a QB that is steady enough to keep the rookie (Cam Newton ) on the bench for a solid year. What Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan,and Ben Roethlisberger have done is great, but I prefer the Joe Montana/Phillip Rivers/Aaron Rodgers style of development.

Oh . . . OK . . . that settles it then.

Seriously, though, if the team were to make a move on Hasselback, it would be after having him medically checked out and taking his physical condition into consideration. I trust the current front office/HC to do a better job on this than the previous guys running the show. As to his durability, I would trust their assessment over that of any of the numerous clowns onthis site.

As for his qualifications: There's hardly any doubt that the guy knows how to play the game at a much higher level than anyone we have had for the past 8/9 years. If he passsed muster on the durability test, I'd be delighted if the team acquired him. Especially working with an offense oriented coach like Harbaugh. They would help each other.

If not Hasselback, another previously injury prone QB has been mentioned by some 'zoner (Joe??): Mark Bulger. He might also be a good stop-gap solution. If deemed durable enough.

Savvy veterans like those would ease the transition for a new HC IMO.

McNabb, although a veteran, has too many issues that don't recommend him IMO.

Young is mentally weak. A bad quality in a QB. That's what I think.

It'll be exciting to see what eventually shakes out. I haven't been so interested in what's in the teams future for a good 7/8 years now.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Fyck Crackleback
Share 49ersWebzone