LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 231 users in the forums

Matt Leinart

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Billl:
USC fan, Matt fan, ex-cards fan, Harbaugh fan.........hoping to be a Harbaugh/Matt/SF fan. IMO, given the chance, Matt can win the starting job over Alex, the rookie and whoever else the 49ers can reasonably bring in. If he can't, then he can't.......but, like I said, I would sure like to see him get that shot.

Hey, don't get me wrong. If he comes in on a vet min contract with no guarantees to have a look, fine by me. But the way you write it, you sound like he's poised to suddenly take over the league.

I will say this, though, I would prefer to re-sign Alex Smith than to sign Leinart. I'm sure you'll disagree and that's fine.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
USC fan, Matt fan, ex-cards fan, Harbaugh fan.........hoping to be a Harbaugh/Matt/SF fan. IMO, given the chance, Matt can win the starting job over Alex, the rookie and whoever else the 49ers can reasonably bring in. If he can't, then he can't.......but, like I said, I would sure like to see him get that shot.

Is he a FA? I thought he signed a 1 year deal with the TExans.
Originally posted by Otter:

Is he a FA? I thought he signed a 1 year deal with the TExans.

o ya lol i think hes the third string for the texans
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Is this guy even a free agent?? If he is I must've overlooked it. But I agree with some I don't think his mindset is in the right place right now. I remember looking at a Cards forum when Leinart was released or waived, Cards fans thought he just was not interested in being a starting QB in the NFL. Too bad, he does have some poise and don't think he would be bad at all in the WCO. Would I mind bringing him in, only if he wanted to be here and not because of the contract he chose.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Is this guy even a free agent?? If he is I must've overlooked it. But I agree with some I don't think his mindset is in the right place right now. I remember looking at a Cards forum when Leinart was released or waived, Cards fans thought he just was not interested in being a starting QB in the NFL. Too bad, he does have some poise and don't think he would be bad at all in the WCO. Would I mind bringing him in, only if he wanted to be here and not because of the contract he chose.

Yeah he's a free agent. He had a 1yr contract with the Texans and that was for last year.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Not a fan of Leinart... but I'm glad the cards played anderson instead of him lol, he was the best QB on their team, not by much but definitely better than anderson
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ghostrider:

Yeah he's a free agent. He had a 1yr contract with the Texans and that was for last year.

Oh, well get rid of Carr and bring in Leinart, we'd be much better off that way.

Oh, well get rid of Carr and bring in Leinart, we'd be much better off that way.

I don't think we want a 3-way QB competition.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I don't think we want a 3-way QB competition.

Why not, that's a good problem to have. Remember when it was JTO, Smith and Hill. That only means we'd have three capable starters on the team.
Well, I'm no fan of Alex, and IMO Matt would win that contest, hands down......like you, no offense......let Harbaugh decide.

Matt's status is up to the CBA....or Not. He signed a one year deal with the Texans, but Kubiak was not talking lightly.........they put a 1st round tender on him trying to make him a RFA. If the L plays under 2010 rules he's a RFA. If a CBA is done, he will most likely be a UFA with 5 years in the L(last year under the CBA was 4 years).

Finally, I think it will take more than vet Min contract. I think he will have bidders, say a back-up contract with lots of bonuses if he starts, wins the WC, wins the NFC, Super Bowl.

Well, I'm no fan of Alex, and IMO Matt would win that contest, hands down......like you, no offense......let Harbaugh decide.

Matt's status is up to the CBA....or Not. He signed a one year deal with the Texans, but Kubiak was not talking lightly.........they put a 1st round tender on him trying to make him a RFA. If the L plays under 2010 rules he's a RFA. If a CBA is done, he will most likely be a UFA with 5 years in the L(last year under the CBA was 4 years).

Finally, I think it will take more than vet Min contract. I think he will have bidders, say a back-up contract with lots of bonuses if he starts, wins the WC, wins the NFC, Super Bowl.

That's a big "IF."

Originally posted by kidash:

That's a big "IF."

i honestly dont see how lineart even gets to start again he had a superbowl caliber coach in whisenhunt (both arizona and steelers) so he isnt the problem

he had a pretty good o line not the problem

was in a good system with stability so thats not the problem

he had fitzgerald boldin and breason so thats definitally not the problem
Pretty good O-Line, NO!!! NO WAY!!! Yeah Fitz and Boldin.....they caught some of the 400+ yds Matt had against Minn in 2006(under Green). This was Whiz's 1st HC job.....and what he was trying to prove with Matt is in his twisted mind, I have no idea. 2nd SB....8-8 team out of NFC West(worst in NFL) and everything falling their way.....like Sea beating NO in 1st round they got a home game and won......then Delhomme throws up all over the field and they won a 2nd, finally Philly gets an upset win and the Cards catch them at home.........Warner and Blind Luck. I left the Cards because Whiz is a worthless liar and human being.........I can see where it became personal with Matt and a no class low life like Whiz(look up Boldins comments when Matt got released). Warner carried Whiz and he is there as long as he sells out the team for $s and Fitz doesn't complain........Oh, there's my next prediction, Fitz will see how bad the Cards are and leave at the end of the year. $15Mil is tempting but not with that franchise.
he is a lefty, last lefty q.b. we had was really good. lol, nah, but Leinart is better than carr, not by much, Ironic if we get him, we would have had him in 2005 if he came out. i remember he was watching draft coverage then and when the 49ers made their pick, he said" dodged a bullet there"
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
he is a lefty, last lefty q.b. we had was really good. lol, nah, but Leinart is better than carr, not by much, Ironic if we get him, we would have had him in 2005 if he came out. i remember he was watching draft coverage then and when the 49ers made their pick, he said" dodged a bullet there"

he did our franchise was pathethic no talent at all in coaching or on the field
Share 49ersWebzone