There are 163 users in the forums

Matt Leinart

Shop 49ers game tickets
For all the Leinart haters.......Ever think it might be Whisenhunt?

1. Matt never had a problem with HS coaches
2. Matt never had a problem with USC coaches.......contrary to the rumor that Norm Chow wanted VY over Matt, he actually beat the table for Matt.
3. Matt never had a problem with Dennis Green.....he actually chose Matt to start over #91 All-time(according to NFL network).

4. THEN comes Whisenhunt and all the sniping and downbeating of Matt

5. Then comes Kubiak, let's see what Kubiak has to say;

Although Matt Leinart was the third-string quarterback for the Houston Texans throughout the 2010 season, he impressed Texans coach Gary Kubiak according to Adam Caplan of FoxSports.com.

“It’s huge,” Kubiak said about Leinart’s upside. “He’s got the ‘it’ factor. People follow him and just watching him come here with us, where he was when he walked in the door, what he had been through and watching the confidence that he’s walking around this building with this past week as we prepared to play our last game, either we’re going to get him or somebody else is going to get a hell of a quarterback. I think he is going to be a fine, fine player.”

6. QB coach for Texans says Matt was the hardest worker on the team, in early, in late, in weekends........

So look at Alex, look at Kapernick......but, if you give Matt a fair look, he has a ton more potential. He's got his Rookie year and a half out of the way. His last year(2009) he completed over 66%, albeit in limited time. In pre-season(2010) he completed over 70% with over a 100 QB rating..........NOW, what if it wasn't Matt but Whisenhunt. I think a back-up contract(with perks) and a shot in camp to compete for the starting job is well worth it. I don't think any free agent, Alex, Kapernick, or anyone within reason could beat him out.........JMO of course.
im not even gonon bother reading this

whisenhart is a great coach
he had to throw to boldin and ftzgerald
he had a horrible attitude
Ignorance is a nice comforter for irrational thought......see, I read yours.
Id have no problem bringing in Matt to compete. Ive always been a fan of his.

In the draft we got Alex i wanted us to draft Braylon Edwards then try and get Lienart the next year
Originally posted by valrod33:
Id have no problem bringing in Matt to compete. Ive always been a fan of his.

In the draft we got Alex i wanted us to draft Braylon Edwards then try and get Lienart the next year

if people think alex checls down you should see this guy he refuses to throw the ball more than 7 yards and he had fitz and boldin on his team
Yeah, we should totally sign him.... as Willis' personal tackle dummy.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Yeah, we should totally sign him.... as Willis' personal tackle dummy.

id rather have aldon smith practice his sacks on him
Touchdown or checkdown.......if that is bad, tell Gruden. Then take a look at the Cards O-Line. I saw one 2012 draft analysis that said Levi Brown is the WORST starting LT in the NFL(IMO that understates the fact). And Keith at the RT is even worse.....I saw one article where he was leading the L in sacks allowed with an average time of lt 2 Seconds. Cards probably have one of the 3 WORST O-lines in the NFL.......ask DA, Max Hall, Skelton, and the CFL guy they threw in at the last.........is that Whisenhunt's progression of QB's........ought to be a REFERENCE for Matt.

Matt threw for 232 and 2 TDs against the 2006 Bears, when they were monsters of the midway, in the Dennis Green THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE game.....he lead them to a "winning" FG that Rackers Missed. Matt threw for OVER 400 yds against Minn in Nov of 2006......1st 400 yd game by a Rookie.........Seems all the problems return to Whisenhunt.....now, doesn't it.
Originally posted by Billl:
Touchdown or checkdown.......if that is bad, tell Gruden. Then take a look at the Cards O-Line. I saw one 2012 draft analysis that said Levi Brown is the WORST starting LT in the NFL(IMO that understates the fact). And Keith at the RT is even worse.....I saw one article where he was leading the L in sacks allowed with an average time of lt 2 Seconds. Cards probably have one of the 3 WORST O-lines in the NFL.......ask DA, Max Hall, Skelton, and the CFL guy they threw in at the last.........is that Whisenhunt's progression of QB's........ought to be a REFERENCE for Matt.

Matt threw for 232 and 2 TDs against the 2006 Bears, when they were monsters of the midway, in the Dennis Green THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE game.....he lead them to a "winning" FG that Rackers Missed. Matt threw for OVER 400 yds against Minn in Nov of 2006......1st 400 yd game by a Rookie.........Seems all the problems return to Whisenhunt.....now, doesn't it.

Meh. Even the lowly Alex Smith has had a gutsy comeback (vs Seahawks). Matt's problem is that he feels he has an entitlement based on what he did at USC and wants to ride that with minimal effort.

Green had no problem with him because he drafted him. In comes Whisenhunt, starts Warner, and nearly wins the Super Bowl. Warner is now likely a 1st ballot HOFer which he wasn't considered to be before then. Meanwhile, Leinart is a backup.

If you ask me, the problem isn't with Whisenhunt.
Originally posted by boast:

LMAO

Entitlement?.........according to????.......WHIZ?........Not HS, Not USC, Not Green, Not Kubiak!!! You almost make my point........for some reason Whiz took a dislike to Matt, and beat him down as much as he could until he could get rid of him. More evidence......look at the QBs he chose.....DA, Hall, Skelton, some CFL guy. Like I said originally........what if it wasn't Matt......What if it was Whiz. Is Everyone wrong but Whiz??? Look at Kubiak's statement(above) and try and reconcile with the way Whiz treated Matt...........one is totally WRONG!!!! Now look at Matt's record with coaches........who is the OddBall?
Entitlement?.........according to????.......WHIZ?........Not HS, Not USC, Not Green, Not Kubiak!!! You almost make my point........for some reason Whiz took a dislike to Matt, and beat him down as much as he could until he could get rid of him. More evidence......look at the QBs he chose.....DA, Hall, Skelton, some CFL guy. Like I said originally........what if it wasn't Matt......What if it was Whiz. Is Everyone wrong but Whiz??? Look at Kubiak's statement(above) and try and reconcile with the way Whiz treated Matt...........one is totally WRONG!!!! Now look at Matt's record with coaches........who is the OddBall?

That's a lot of passion for someone who isnt on the team.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

That's a lot of passion for someone who isnt on the team.

lol, no kidding. I wonder if he actually is Matt Leinart.

Bill, there's no way you're going to convince me that Leinart should have more clout than Whisenhunt. Whisenhunt has been in the league a long time and has an excellent track record. The man has a Super Bowl victory as an OC and was a zone blitz away from a Super Bowl victory as a HC! What does Leinart have to show for himself in the NFL? A 400 yard game?

[ Edited by ghostrider on May 4, 2011 at 15:47:29 ]
USC fan, Matt fan, ex-cards fan, Harbaugh fan.........hoping to be a Harbaugh/Matt/SF fan. IMO, given the chance, Matt can win the starting job over Alex, the rookie and whoever else the 49ers can reasonably bring in. If he can't, then he can't.......but, like I said, I would sure like to see him get that shot.
USC fan, Matt fan, ex-cards fan, Harbaugh fan.........hoping to be a Harbaugh/Matt/SF fan. IMO, given the chance, Matt can win the starting job over Alex, the rookie and whoever else the 49ers can reasonably bring in. If he can't, then he can't.......but, like I said, I would sure like to see him get that shot.

Welcome to the Zone, Billl. While we welcome enthusiastic posting and vigorous debate, please attack the posts/thoughts and not the poster.

Thanks and, again, welcome.
Share 49ersWebzone