OFFICIAL Blaine Gabbert Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Time expired thread is time expired.
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:

suuuuuuuuuuunshine.

Great arm, but can't pitch the ball.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Can I have this thread moved to the NFL Talk now so I can follow Gabbert?
Originally posted by jrg:
Can I have this thread moved to the NFL Talk now so I can follow Gabbert?

lol
Originally posted by English:
Time expired thread is time expired.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
starts tomorrow night for the jaguars...gonna be a boss
Originally posted by jrg:
starts tomorrow night for the jaguars...gonna be a boss

9-16, 85 yards.
Lock this POS
I thought he had a mixed game, as all rookies in the starting role are going to have in their first experience. He had one really bad pass on an overthrow that could have gone for a pick, a throw or two that was behind the receiver, but also had at least 2-3 drops (including two that ended each series). He held the ball too long a few times, but threw with a lot of velocity, was accurate on most throws, and had a lot of poise for a guy with a leaky OL. Gabbert faced a lot of pressure tonight.

He is clearly not ready to start Week One, nobody from this draft class is ready. However, a pretty solid performance for a rookie. I think the team will be really pleased with his effort.

I have Gabbert as the star QB of this draft class, and the top offensive player on my board when the Niners selected at number seven.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Aug 11, 2011 at 7:42 PM ]
Mallet was better

Originally posted by NinersEverywhere:
Mallet was better

It was the first game, and he was playing against the pats.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I thought he had a mixed game, as all rookies in the starting role are going to have in their first experience. He had one really bad pass on an overthrow that could have gone for a pick, a throw or two that was behind the receiver, but also had at least 2-3 drops (including two that ended each series). He held the ball too long a few times, but threw with a lot of velocity, was accurate on most throws, and had a lot of poise for a guy with a leaky OL. Gabbert faced a lot of pressure tonight.

He is clearly not ready to start Week One, nobody from this draft class is ready. However, a pretty solid performance for a rookie. I think the team will be really pleased with his effort.

I have Gabbert as the star QB of this draft class, and the top offensive player on my board when the Niners selected at number seven.

Only real mistake I saw from him was he took a sack when he had nobody instead of throwing it outta bounds to get better field possession. Other then that he was alright...not great..but descent.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by NinersEverywhere:
Mallet was better

It was the first game, and he was playing against the pats.

I'm more impressed by the good performance of Mallet... when you have Brady as QB and Belichick as coach, learning is much easier.. the same conditions that had our dear Alex when he was rookie

Gabbert didn't play badly
The guy has happy feet, he is not accurate, and makes poor decisions. Glad we didn't draft him.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
The guy has happy feet, he is not accurate, and makes poor decisions. Glad we didn't draft him.

You just described Kap too.
Share 49ersWebzone