There are 201 users in the forums

The NFL "Black Monday" Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
mortreport

Filed to ESPN: ow that Seahawks have Jeremy Bates in Seattle, Josh McDaniels has emerged as OC candidate. Same division as Rams.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by valrod33:
AdamSchefter

Seahawks released their offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates.

interesting

they are going to sign 17 more offensive coordinators this offseason until they get the right fit.

i really don't think Pete knows what he's doing

oh, i think he does, actually. that was an awful team and it needed a complete makeover, and he went about it very aggressively finding the right "kind of guys" for his team. I think their "success" this year will get guys to buy into his approach for a little while, maybe long enough for him to totally upgrade the talent on that team. However, I don't think NFL players will buy his schtick for long.
AdamSchefter

interesting

they are going to sign 17 more offensive coordinators this offseason until they get the right fit.

oh, i think he does, actually. that was an awful team and it needed a complete makeover, and he went about it very aggressively finding the right "kind of guys" for his team. I think their "success" this year will get guys to buy into his approach for a little while, maybe long enough for him to totally upgrade the talent on that team. However, I don't think NFL players will buy his schtick for long.

7-9 should of been a disappointing year for them, just because they got into the playoffs its seen as success. Granted they won a game but any given Sunday, and the 12th man is a b***h to deal with. I can see them at 8-8 next year but that wont get them back into the playoffs.
Looks like Dingleberry got the LB/Assistant HC title for the Vikes
AdamSchefter

interesting

7-9 should of been a disappointing year for them, just because they got into the playoffs its seen as success. Granted they won a game but any given Sunday, and the 12th man is a b***h to deal with. I can see them at 8-8 next year but that wont get them back into the playoffs.

yeah, that's why I put "success" in quotes. But it is still a "momentum" bump for them, and I think it will help him keep the team for a little while. But I agree, they won't be good enough soon enough, IMO, and eventually he will lose the players. I mean, he calls the team a "program" and that kind of college style approach isn't going to work forever.

i guess what i'm saying is that I think he knows what he's doing but I'm not sure it'll work.
AdamSchefter

Seahawks have been talking with former Broncos HC Josh McDaniels since Monday. Interesting.
AdamSchefter

Seahawks have been talking with former Broncos HC Josh McDaniels since Monday. Interesting.

carroll should hire lane kiffen so that when he runs the Seahawks into the ground Kiffen can take over
mortreport

Filed to ESPN: Bill Musgrave has agreed to become to next offensive coordinator of the Minnesota Vikings
NFL.com: Eagles hire Titans' Washburn to be Defensive Line coach
The Titans have fired DC Chuck Cecil.

mortreport

Filed to ESPN: Bengals fire OC Bob Bratkowski
mortreport

Clearly they are trying to please Palmer to get him to change his tune.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
mortreport

jay gruden hired as oc
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bors:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
mortreport

jay gruden hired as oc

Wow. Either they are eying Jon Gruden in 2012 or Ken Zampese has no support in Cinci
Share 49ersWebzone