LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

The elephant in the room; What if A.Smith and/or Sing do great elsewhere?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by kazak13:
I bet alex would love to be a cardinal, to show those fans that were boing him.. and that would be a privilege 2 times a year for him

I would love for him to be on Arizona. It would be two easy wins for the 49ers..
Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by kazak13:
I bet alex would love to be a cardinal, to show those fans that were boing him.. and that would be a privilege 2 times a year for him

I would love for him to be on Arizona. It would be two easy wins for the 49ers..

Dude, we beat the cardinals twice every year for the past 2 or 3, LOL
Originally posted by theweapon:
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
What if Alex does great next year and is a pro bowler

as an Arizona Cardinal?

Alex a pro bowler? nah, he is not good enough. Name me a QB that was a bust with the team that drafted him and went on to success elsewhere... Sing will forever be a LB coach, something I think he is actually good at.

Uh.... Steve Young?

Rich Gannon and you could probably even include Trent Green in here.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Jan 9, 2011 at 10:39 PM ]
Originally posted by aman49:
Not only do I think Alex will be a good, maybe even Pro Bowl QB elsewhere...

I'm counting on it.

Dont hold your breath......
Dude, there is absolutely no way singletary is ever a successful head coach in the NFL. Ever. Period. End the thread.
To all you guys who hope Alex soo much success, what has he ever done for you beside lose games and make you pull your hair out?
Thanks for nothing Alex, I cant wait to see you in another uniform and watch you fumble and check down.
I hope they both find success elsewhere. Maybe Alex will find some stability and be able to salvage his career. Same for Sing. Maybe he can learn first and then be better prepared to be a HC next time he gets a chance.

Now, all that goes out the window when they play the 9ers, but I hope they succeed wherever they land.
What if they do? Who cares... that ship has sailed and we are moving on.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

Singletary will never get a HC job again and Alex will never get a starting job again.
  • hb123
  • Veteran
w/e a.smith sux!! he will put up his "impressive" performances against cheap ass teams or when he has no pressure. and when it counts the most he'll keep choking, like this year..

Originally posted by mayo49:

Singletary will never get a HC job again and Alex will never get a starting job again.

Singletary probably won't get NFL head coaching job, but he may end up as a college head coach .
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
Originally posted by mayo49:

Singletary probably won't get NFL head coaching job, but he may end up as a college head coach .

No way.. what has he done to show that he can be a head coach?
i hope alex goes to the cardinals or seahawks.
Alex is not accurate, even on short passes. Unless Harbaugh thinks he can fix that (don't think that will happen), Alex is gone and will not "do great" elsewhere. Sing doesn't know what he is doing, chances of him doing great are nonexistent.
  • JC49
  • Veteran
Sing made it painfully obvious he doesn't have what it takes now. He also made it plain he's so freaking obstinate he's going to impare his own learning curve. Maybe falling flat on his face will be a wake up call and he'll become more open minded and be able to learn what he needs to. He's still not an X & O guy at all though so he's got a long way to go to become a respected enough one to earn a second chance.

People talk about how Mike Johnson is and will be a good offensive coordinator and how he was hamstrung by Singletary. It sure looked like the offense worked without Sing around in the last game. If the OC and the O are understood to have excuses for failing how is the quarterback supposed to succeed while the O is failing. Alex had the tools when he was drafted. He's still young. He has the work ethic. He's a high character guy and won't shoot himself in the foot doing something stupid. He could go to a good situation (i.e. Indy) and back somebody up for a few years (a la Aaron Rogers) and then succeed. And yes that would be extremely embarrasing for us. Much less so though if we've turned the page and have something going.
Share 49ersWebzone