There are 201 users in the forums

Should the NFL boot the Lions from Thanksgiving Day game

Shop 49ers game tickets

Should the NFL boot the Lions from Thanksgiving Day game

The fact that they added a third Thanksgiving day game makes this moot. Just rotate the teams that play on that third game and let the Lions and Cowboys keep their game. I'm in favor of just keeping the tradition.

I enjoy the Lions, but for fricks sake, I'm getting tired of the league pitting them up against an impossible opponent. Why do they want the Lions to get embarrassed every year? The Patriots? Packers? Titans? These have been some of the games the past few years when all these teams were top-end Playoff Contenders as expected. The Lions, as expected were still rebuilding.

Put them in a game they actually have a chance in for fricks sake.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
The fact that they added a third Thanksgiving day game makes this moot. Just rotate the teams that play on that third game and let the Lions and Cowboys keep their game. I'm in favor of just keeping the tradition.

I enjoy the Lions, but for fricks sake, I'm getting tired of the league pitting them up against an impossible opponent. Why do they want the Lions to get embarrassed every year? The Patriots? Packers? Titans? These have been some of the games the past few years when all these teams were top-end Playoff Contenders as expected. The Lions, as expected were still rebuilding.

Put them in a game they actually have a chance in for fricks sake.

In other words they should have hosted the Niners on Thanksgiving.
Share 49ersWebzone