LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

The Worst Coach in NFL History?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • ajveltri
  • Info N/A
Everyone,

I know these Singletary thread are getting mundane, but I have to vent!

I was born in 1983 during the 49ers prime run, and was born into a family where my dad was a 49er fan from the 50's. So I am no front runner.

I witnessed some of Walsh as kid, Siefert not screwing anything up, and Mariucci who kind of kept things together and didnt screw up too bad and had us in the playoffs a number of times! I have watched tapes of Walsh's teams as an adult and did research on him and know of the genious that he is and was.

I now know at my age of 27, and really following football religiously that Mike Singletary is hands down the worst coach in NFL History.

I have seen lots of bad ones, lots of coaches of were just full of bad luck, some who just weren't that good and were in over their heads, but no one has ever been as bad as Mike Singletary in my honest opinion!

This team wins games in spite of themselves, because they have some real talent at certain positions. We need 2 wr's, with some real flat out speed, def need 2 if not 3 new corners, and a real free safety. Pass rush most def, at least 1, and some depth at the defensive line!

Now with all that being said, Singletary is not only a bad coach, but I must insult this man's brain function and overall person, because no one should ever be that stubborn. Flat out the man is a complete idiot, and thank God, I never have to deal with or be around him on a daily basis cause I would knock his teeth out!

If I owned the team he would be gone, and I wouldnt do it nicely! I would humiliate him they way he has humiliated the organization with his stupidity. I would interupt his press conference after the next loss, and actually do it blindsided in front of national media, and let the league fine me! All bets are off with this guy, he is the most ignorant dumb stupid head coach ever, he will be a laughing stock for years to come, he needs to leave football permantly cause he is a hack!

No one in their right mind should ever hire him as a head coach or even on their staff as an assistant, he is literally a fool!

If we get a legit head coach, and a legit franchise QB in the offseason, and possibly deal with the CB, and DE/OLB situation, I really think we will be ok. We have enough draft picks, and if we spend our FA money wisely we can cover the biggest needs and really set ourselves right and just be riddance of the Nolan/McCloughan and Singletary era.

We also shouldnt be surprised at the outcome, Nolan was a failure and this imbecil is just an extension of Nolan should I need to remind you.

Im done, please dont think I was being too harsh, because he deserves it and more!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
There were many other bad ones, but the thing that stands out with Dingletary is that he is regressing instead of getting better.
sorry but IMO Sing is not the worst coach ever, let alone our worst coach ever.

Id say Erickson.
Yes, because Rich Kotite and Bruce Coslett were slightly better.
Try watching NFL Network's "Top 10: Coaches Who Belonged in College"!

[ Edited by PTulini on Nov 23, 2010 at 21:47:27 ]
I've been watching football since the 70's and was trying to remember any coach that's as clueless as Singletary but none come to mind. Obviously, he doesn't appear to be very bright at all which would explain why he has a reputation for not interviewing well for past coaching positions.

I think any intelligent person with a decent understanding of football could do a better job coaching this team than him. His input as far as game planning is just ridiculous. His situational awareness has become non-existent not that it was any good to begin with. I think the beginning of his downfall was getting rid of Martz to implement his run first and ask questions later philosophy in today's NFL.

I also think his confidence as a man is seriously in question at this point. He appeared like a beat down dead man walking at Monday's presser. I think this is probably the first thing he's ever done in his life that he's been a complete failure at.

He was a great player in his day though. I think that's why the national media hasn't been on him as bad as they could be.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Try watching NFL Network's "Top 10: Coaches Who Should have Stayed in College"!

I watched that show the other day. I thought Sing was trying to become #1 on that list but he never coached in college. If they have a show called "Top 10 Coaches Who Should Have Stayed Home" he'd definitely make the list.
This team has been plagued with bad coaches lol

I thought it couldn't get any worse with Erickson...

then Nolan proved me wrong and I thought it couldn't get any worse with Nolan...

now Singletary proves me wrong, and I'm currently thinking it can't get any worse than Sing....now I'm ready to lose my mind.

Originally posted by verb1der:
This team has been plagued with bad coaches lol

I thought it couldn't get any worse with Erickson...

then Nolan proved me wrong and I thought it couldn't get any worse with Nolan...

now Singletary proves me wrong, and I'm currently thinking it can't get any worse than Sing....now I'm ready to lose my mind.

Next head coaching candidates will be interviewed on the short bus.
"They should have another show top 10 bad decisions for whoever hired him that second go around..haha"

hahah that guy was funny.

Marty Morninwheg
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Mike Ditka.

While with the Saints.

I just liked the irony.

Originally posted by ajveltri:
Everyone,

I know these Singletary thread are getting mundane, but I have to vent!

I was born in 1983 during the 49ers prime run, and was born into a family where my dad was a 49er fan from the 50's. So I am no front runner.

I witnessed some of Walsh as kid, Siefert not screwing anything up, and Mariucci who kind of kept things together and didnt screw up too bad and had us in the playoffs a number of times! I have watched tapes of Walsh's teams as an adult and did research on him and know of the genious that he is and was.

I now know at my age of 27, and really following football religiously that Mike Singletary is hands down the worst coach in NFL History.

I have seen lots of bad ones, lots of coaches of were just full of bad luck, some who just weren't that good and were in over their heads, but no one has ever been as bad as Mike Singletary in my honest opinion!

This team wins games in spite of themselves, because they have some real talent at certain positions. We need 2 wr's, with some real flat out speed, def need 2 if not 3 new corners, and a real free safety. Pass rush most def, at least 1, and some depth at the defensive line!

Now with all that being said, Singletary is not only a bad coach, but I must insult this man's brain function and overall person, because no one should ever be that stubborn. Flat out the man is a complete idiot, and thank God, I never have to deal with or be around him on a daily basis cause I would knock his teeth out!

If I owned the team he would be gone, and I wouldnt do it nicely! I would humiliate him they way he has humiliated the organization with his stupidity. I would interupt his press conference after the next loss, and actually do it blindsided in front of national media, and let the league fine me! All bets are off with this guy, he is the most ignorant dumb stupid head coach ever, he will be a laughing stock for years to come, he needs to leave football permantly cause he is a hack!

No one in their right mind should ever hire him as a head coach or even on their staff as an assistant, he is literally a fool!

If we get a legit head coach, and a legit franchise QB in the offseason, and possibly deal with the CB, and DE/OLB situation, I really think we will be ok. We have enough draft picks, and if we spend our FA money wisely we can cover the biggest needs and really set ourselves right and just be riddance of the Nolan/McCloughan and Singletary era.

We also shouldnt be surprised at the outcome, Nolan was a failure and this imbecil is just an extension of Nolan should I need to remind you.

Im done, please dont think I was being too harsh, because he deserves it and more!

Stop beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel!
  • dj43
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
I've been watching football since the 70's and was trying to remember any coach that's as clueless as Singletary but none come to mind...
If that is true then you should remember Ken Meyer and Pete McCulley. Those were a couple of guys who had no clue.
  • ajveltri
  • Info N/A
Im glad I got some responses, because it seems no one is really flaming me or getting on me to harshly which means that the sentiment amongst the fans is relative to what I have posted!

As fans we are what drives this league, we are what drives it because without the ratings we provide and ticket sales, and memorbilia (jerseys, hats, etc.) there are no sponsors and this is not a 8 Billion dollar a year industry. As a 49ers fan, I am sick and tired of being made to believe there is hope, when there really is never any. As of right now we are a floundering hopeless, clueless organization.

I am willing to give Jed a shot, he is my age, trying to run a team, he inherited Nolan, and some horrible draft picks, we are getting things in order and arent too far away. We mus hire the right football mind to run the Front Office, and then get the right Coach. Things can go from there, which I think they will quite easily!

I will say in regards to Singletary the quicker this season ends the better, he is just an absolute fool, when I hear him talk about "bad habits" of Troy Smith, who was the reason why they won the last 2 games before this last one, I want to fly to S.F. and honestly beat him with my fists! Like just pound him for being sooo stupid!

The best thing that comes of this is that he is gone, and believe me the players dont like this guy, I am convinced! No one is willing to play for him, they know he is a joke, and a guy living in the 80's. It's like having a job with a manager, who thinks he knows everything, but if just ruining the company with incompetence...I witnessed it at a few places, the people at the top are the reason why things go well and smoothly.

Singletary also strikes me as a guy who has difficulty in all parts of life, he seems really fake to me. What I mean by that is, he tries to sound soo nice and understanding, and intelligent, when in all honesy he is nothing more than an arrogant, pompass, pig headed jerk off! He seems like he pisses people off on a regular basis, he has the my way or highway attitude and it's very evident in how he does this job!

JUST LEAVE ALREADY SINGLETARY WE DONT WANT YOU ANYMORE YOU MAKE US SICK TO OUR STOMACHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone