LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 155 users in the forums

Wow, it all makes sense now

Shop 49ers game tickets
For the past 4 weeks I have been asking myself "why is Gruden rumored to be going to the browns when they have holmgren already?" Then yesterday I watched a CSN Bay area video of how one reporter thinks holmgren would like to return to the bay area for coaching and it hit me. The owner of the browns must know that holmgren wants to be a HC again so he is pulling in Gruden to fill Holmgren's absence in Cleveland. Holmgren is from the Bay and I think if Jed plays his cards right we can get holmgren.

Quick Question, if you knew for sure this was going to happen would you want this season to tank before week one?

http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/video?PID=hoFAS8kCo9QmP2mDMS8vUQCFD2lfitcL
we don't have to "tank" the year, as long as we're in the bottom portion of the standings
Originally posted by WestCoast:
we don't have to "tank" the year, as long as we're in the bottom portion of the standings

The only thing I am interested in seeing from here on out is if Troy Smith is our future.
Originally posted by BleedRandG:

The only thing I am interested in seeing from here on out is if Troy Smith is our future.

im just waiting until holmgren come home
For the past 4 weeks I have been asking myself "why is Gruden rumored to be going to the browns when they have holmgren already?" Then yesterday I watched a CSN Bay area video of how one reporter thinks holmgren would like to return to the bay area for coaching and it hit me. The owner of the browns must know that holmgren wants to be a HC again so he is pulling in Gruden to fill Holmgren's absence in Cleveland. Holmgren is from the Bay and I think if Jed plays his cards right we can get holmgren.

Quick Question, if you knew for sure this was going to happen would you want this season to tank before week one?

http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/video?PID=hoFAS8kCo9QmP2mDMS8vUQCFD2lfitcL

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=148744&highlight=holmgren]http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=148744&highlight=holmgren

[ Edited by nickbradley on Nov 23, 2010 at 10:08:21 ]

im just waiting until holmgren come home

me too! Hopefully he comes home soon!
Jed hasn't played his cards right up til now...
I'm curious to know who would Holmgren go with at QB if he actually does come here.
Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm curious to know who would Holmgren go with at QB if he actually does come here.

Kolb
Originally posted by nickbradley:

Kolb

that would surely make sense, just not sure 49ers will win the bid on him, I think he'll be a big name in the offseason.

Originally posted by nickbradley:

Kolb

that would surely make sense, just not sure 49ers will win the bid on him, I think he'll be a big name in the offseason.

The Yorks will probably get Derek Anderson or something...Maybe Matt Moore.

he was pretty mutch forced to hire Sing after the 2008 season. He only recently to over the rains in the organization. He wants to win and contend(unlike John). So I say we should give him a chance to make up for his mistake that is Mike Singletary this off season.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
The only thing that worries me about Holmgren is he had that head scratcher move of giving the Panther's QB (forget his name) a massive contract to go to the Browns, and it hasn't panned out. Nobody thought it would either. If he came either, he'd probably clean house of all QB's (ok with me), but I hope he doesn't bring in some tired and past-his-prime vet for a massive contract.
Originally posted by Shaj:
The only thing that worries me about Holmgren is he had that head scratcher move of giving the Panther's QB (forget his name) a massive contract to go to the Browns, and it hasn't panned out. Nobody thought it would either. If he came either, he'd probably clean house of all QB's (ok with me), but I hope he doesn't bring in some tired and past-his-prime vet for a massive contract.

He didn't get a massive contract, that massive contract is still being paid by Carolina. And he has been hurt most of the year, then Seneca went in...then got hurt, then Colt when it...then got hurt.

Considering his contract is up at the end of the year (I think) he may try to get Hass.
Only want Holmgren if he's here to coach. His work as GM isn't exactly anything to write home about. However put Holmgren at HC and pair him with a legit GM and a personnel guy like Baalke and very good things are bound to happen. With a guy like Holmgren, he'll attract a lot of quality coordinators as well so the 49ers could actually end up with a guy like Childress or some other top candidates.

49ers could dump Manusky as well. His "bend but don't break" is great for getting a team to 8-8 seasons but is useless against stopping teams in the final minute of a game when they're driving.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 23, 2010 at 11:32:17 ]
Share 49ersWebzone