There are 238 users in the forums

Mike Williams arrested For DUI

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Yeah, DUIs aren't that serious. Just let him play a few games and give him a slap on the wrist later for being a bad boy. Geez! As strict as the NFL is on handing out fines for QB hits (see Broncos game in London), they sure aren't in a rush to punish this guy right away.

I agree. It should be an automatic suspension, actually any laws that are broken which endanger other people should count as automatic suspensions.

And they were saying Crabs is a diva.

Something isn't right here. He failed the field test but blew way under but was STILL arrested?
Sounds like he may have been taking bong rips while he drank those beers.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Something isn't right here. He failed the field test but blew way under but was STILL arrested?

they also suspected something other than alcohol, which is why he had to do a urine test
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Yeah, DUIs aren't that serious. Just let him play a few games and give him a slap on the wrist later for being a bad boy. Geez! As strict as the NFL is on handing out fines for QB hits (see Broncos game in London), they sure aren't in a rush to punish this guy right away.

I agree. It should be an automatic suspension, actually any laws that are broken which endanger other people should count as automatic suspensions.

Then would you wait til he's found guilty or not guilty or when he is arrested? Plus when it's drug related the guy's are entered into the NFL drug program before they are suspended. I don't see them changing that when it involves drugs and possible addicts. Most are just knuckleheads but some dudes do have a problem.

Exactly. that seems pretty stupid, and a waste of tax payers money. If he passes the test give him a ticket and let him roll. Instead they just waste money by arresting him and giving him a urine test.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lamontb:

Then would you wait til he's found guilty or not guilty or when he is arrested? Plus when it's drug related the guy's are entered into the NFL drug program before they are suspended. I don't see them changing that when it involves drugs and possible addicts. Most are just knuckleheads but some dudes do have a problem.

Well if they fail the sobriety test then it WOULD automatically be an arrest or DUI/DWI which should then equal an automatic suspension, I think that's pretty clear. If he passes the sobriety test, he wouldn't be arrested right, hence no suspension??

As for drug users, again, if hes not endangering anyone and depending on how the arrest was made (like if he was caught in a hotel room), then of course no automatic suspension.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Well if they fail the sobriety test then it WOULD automatically be an arrest or DUI/DWI which should then equal an automatic suspension, I think that's pretty clear. If he passes the sobriety test, he wouldn't be arrested right, hence no suspension??

As for drug users, again, if hes not endangering anyone and depending on how the arrest was made (like if he was caught in a hotel room), then of course no automatic suspension.

But what I meant was are you gonna suspend the guy when he's arrested or when he's actually found guilty? Apparently in this case he passed the sobriety test and still got arrested. That's why I think you can't automatically suspend guys and have to wait til they are found guilty in court. There are cases when guys are arrested and the charges end up getting dropped or the guy is found innocent. It's real subjective at this point on how guys are suspended. As for DUI's it seems guys aren't suspended unless it's there second offense b/c they are entered into NFL drug program. I think if the team did then it's cool to suspend a guy just for being arrested.
Originally posted by valrod33:

they also suspected something other than alcohol, which is why he had to do a urine test

Originally posted by valrod33:

yup, he's a f*g

Put me in coach!
now how are we supposed to tell the 2 Mike Williams' apart?

we used to just say "the troubled one" and "the other one".
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I thought he was a "class act"
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Sounds like BS to me

He blew below the legal limit, than volunteered to take a field sobriety test which the cops deemed "he failed" and then volunteered to take a urine test

Quote:

Schefter spoke to Bucs sources early Friday, and they don't sound concerned with the arrest. Williams was reportedly pulled over for going 12 MPH over the limit. He volunteered to take the field sobriety test, and was deemed to have failed by police officers. Assuming he wasn't on drugs (and it doesn't sound like he was), it's not difficult to imagine that the cops had it out for him. Williams' blood-alcohol content was significantly under the legal limit.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
As a rule, if you're a professional athlete, you should hire a professional driver. Even a minimum salary player should be able to afford one if they can afford to go out and party.

Too bad they don't teach this stuff to athletes. And over and over, you get these idiots in their blinged out rides getting busted for stuff they could easily get away with if they used half a brain.
Share 49ersWebzone