LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 345 users in the forums

Mike Williams arrested For DUI

Shop 49ers game tickets
Not the way to start the weekend. RT @ProFootballTalk: Tampa's Mike Williams arrested for DUI http://wp.me/p14QSB-nOa

I hope he does not play sunday
sucks for him. But he'll definitely play. Takes time for the league to hand out punishments.
f**ker. Too bad he wont miss this game. Unless the coach does something.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
f**ker. Too bad he wont miss this game. Unless the coach does something.

yea right. they aren't good enough to sit out their best WR.
-Singing- 'Where have all the Bucs fans gone?' We ll miss them. Too bad their guy doesn't have his priorities in order
ccording to Schefter on Sportscenter he was pulled over for going 12 miles over the speed limit. The ticket was a speeding ticket and he volunteered the urine test to prove he wasn't intoxicated

A Buccaneers official said, after reviewing facts, WR Mike Williams will travel to San Francisco and start on Sunday against 49ers.

Via twitter

f**k!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Dumbass rookie. Why are you guys worried about Mike Williams starting??? Sure hes good and all, but our defense has faced better receivers. We held Dwayne Bowe in check, Marques Colston, held Roddy White without a TD. I'd rather face Tampa with Mike Williams, that way they have no excuses.

[ Edited by Kolohe on Nov 19, 2010 at 07:20:41 ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Adam_Schefter

Hold on -- now another Bucs official is saying Mike Williams will NOT play. One says he will, one says he won't. Someone will be right.
Sounds like somebody in the front office wants to send him a message by imposing a team suspension. In the long run that might be best for him. This team let David Gettis have a career day so it's possible any old body can torch this secondary. Gotta bring your A game regardless of who is playing.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lamontb:
Sounds like somebody in the front office wants to send him a message by imposing a team suspension. In the long run that might be best for him. This team let David Gettis have a career day so it's possible any old body can torch this secondary. Gotta bring your A game regardless of who is playing.

And then again, your right our secondary let Gettis look like Jerry Rice out there. But if we had Troy Smith instead of David Carr, we probably might've won that game.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by lamontb:

And then again, your right our secondary let Gettis look like Jerry Rice out there. But if we had Troy Smith instead of David Carr, we probably might've won that game.

Carr didn't help, but if the defense had showed up they would have won that game regardless of who is qb. Just look at the Panthers stats for the season, then look at there stats for the game vs the Niners. It's was just a down right embarrassing defensive performance.
i'm actually more pissed off about what that does to my fantasy team...i have a lot of money on the line
Yeah, DUIs aren't that serious. Just let him play a few games and give him a slap on the wrist later for being a bad boy. Geez! As strict as the NFL is on handing out fines for QB hits (see Broncos game in London), they sure aren't in a rush to punish this guy right away.

[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Nov 19, 2010 at 08:20:40 ]
From NFL.com
A pair of tests revealed Williams' blood alcohol content at 0.065 and 0.061 percent, below Florida's 0.08 percent legal limit.

McKinnon stated that Williams failed a field sobriety test, had glassy eyes and smelled of alcohol. McKinnon said results are pending on a urine test that was conducted on Williams, often administered when police suspect a substance other than alcohol.
Share 49ersWebzone