LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

QB hungry teams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I think the niners really dropped the ball last off season by not trying to acquire a QB in the draft or FA. We should have gone after McNabb or Vick, or at the very least draft someone for the future. Instead we put all our eggs in one very poorly made basket.

Teams that will be looking for a QB next year either in the draft or free agency. These teams dont have a long term answer at the position.

49ers
Seattle
Arizona
Vikings
Raiders
Chiefs
Dolphins
Jaguars
Bengals
Bills

10 teams at the very least are QB hungry and others that have shaky situations. Most of those teams will be drafting in the top ten. Im not sure how many first round prospects there are but Im sure it wont be ten. Seems like a bad year to be QB hungry.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Colts
Patriots
Chargers
Packers
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Dino:
Colts
Patriots
Chargers
Packers

You forgot Saints.
Originally posted by susweel:
I think the niners really dropped the ball last off season by not trying to acquire a QB in the draft or FA. We should have gone after McNabb or Vick, or at the very least draft someone for the future. Instead we put all our eggs in one very poorly made basket.

Teams that will be looking for a QB next year either in the draft or free agency. These teams dont have a long term answer at the position.

49ers
Seattle
Arizona
Vikings
Raiders
Chiefs
Dolphins
Jaguars
Bengals
Bills

10 teams at the very least are QB hungry and others that have shaky situations. Most of those teams will be drafting in the top ten. Im not sure how many first round prospects there are but Im sure it wont be ten. Seems like a bad year to be QB hungry.

I agree with what you're saying. But some of those teams I don't think will look to add a QB. I think the Raiders and Chiefs are happy with Campbell and Cassel. And I would not be shocked if the Bills stuck with Fitzpatrick, who is certainly not the reason their losing games. I also think the Seahawks and Bengals are likely to stick with their aging QBs, but could draft QBs later.

So I think the number of teams that are really going to want to draft a QB early is more like 5.

I still agree with you basic point, which is that we should have drafted Colt McCoy.
Raiders former QB is hungry.
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Nov 12, 2010 at 4:44 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Raiders former QB is hungry.

Campbell and Gradkowski will fail over time. They just look good right now because they are not Russell.
  • dj43
Originally posted by susweel:

49ers
Seattle
Arizona
Vikings
Raiders
Chiefs
Dolphins
Jaguars
Bengals
Bills

There are at least five of those teams that will be in the first round derby for a QB. The rest might take a shot in the second round.

QB is the position of least depth around the league. Lots of teams would like a better one than they have but other needs are greater in the first round.

NOTE: I am assuming the 49ers will be using their 1st round pick for a QB.
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
i wanted the 9ers to go after vick ever since he got outta jail. i knew vick was gonna light s**t up again. vick is killing it right now. i watched his game last week and he was so good it was scary. he had manning looking like he was about to cry on the sideline.
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
and in terms of the draft i like that kid terrel pryor. not sure why not too many people mention him. he's a beast at the position from what ive seen. everyone is on luck's sack.
The Bills? Fitz has been lights out. Not sure they will be looking for a QB.

Originally posted by Dominate:
The Bills? Fitz has been lights out. Not sure they will be looking for a QB.

Exactly. QB seems like the least of their problems right now. If I were them, I'd be going defense in the first, sign a decent vet back up QB (maybe even Alex Smith...) and maybe draft a QB late.

If they do let Fitz go, then I think we should grab him. That guy has played well almost everywhere he's been.
I would be willing to solve the Jaguars QB dilemma by taking Garrard off their hands.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFGem:
i wanted the 9ers to go after vick ever since he got outta jail. i knew vick was gonna light s**t up again. vick is killing it right now. i watched his game last week and he was so good it was scary. he had manning looking like he was about to cry on the sideline.

Vick would have failed miserably in San Francisco. Andy Reid knows how to run an offense and get the most out of his players. Vick would be running the triple option if Singletary had gotten his hands on him.
It will be a fight for kolb.......but realize he has Had some horrible games esp without deshaun jackson he is nothing special and we dont have a deshaun jax so if we get kolb it will be an improvement over alex but not by much. I think he will be the only in demand qb and minn sf will be fighting for him
the Seahawks signed whitehust to a big conract so take them off that list
Share 49ersWebzone