LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

NFL week 10

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
No I agree blunt -- if you read my above comments I said that if we had Vick he'd suck with us because we wouldn't let him play his game. Even so -- I believe he would be successful... I mean, look at Troy Smith. Imagine if it was Vick. It WOULD work.

However, I was someone who wanted him beforehand. I just don't get all of this passing up on players. You gotta gamble EVENTUALLY! Like give me a break. Make a move. It's been almost a decade in the s**tter. If you don't take a leap, you'll always miss out on the fun.

No sir. We don't want Alex looking over his shoulder.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Please tell me that Kolb is in the game now...
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
No I agree blunt -- if you read my above comments I said that if we had Vick he'd suck with us because we wouldn't let him play his game. Even so -- I believe he would be successful... I mean, look at Troy Smith. Imagine if it was Vick. It WOULD work.

However, I was someone who wanted him beforehand. I just don't get all of this passing up on players. You gotta gamble EVENTUALLY! Like give me a break. Make a move. It's been almost a decade in the s**tter. If you don't take a leap, you'll always miss out on the fun.

No sir. We don't want Alex looking over his shoulder.

Ugh. When I heard that I felt sick. And we still have Carr on the roster cuz....

Sorry I don't mean to turn the NFL Week 10 thread into NT.

[ Edited by chico49erfan on Nov 15, 2010 at 20:31:39 ]
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Esco:

Playing against Vick?
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame

Playing against Vick?

Yes, started the night with a 50 point lead and David Akers, he has Vick. Needless to say I'm not very happy right now. Holding on by a thread
What a bold move it was for Reid to give Vick the job after one bad half from Kolb.

Playing against Vick?

Yes, started the night with a 50 point lead and David Akers, he has Vick. Needless to say I'm not very happy right now. Holding on by a thread

haha someone in my lead lost after being up by 50 because of Vick. They're putting in Kolb after this so you should be fine.

Oh, I didn't see that one. I don't even think it's just about us not letting him play his game. I have no faith in our coaching staff being able to teach Vick how to become a pocket passer, fix his accuracy, and on top of that, we wouldn't have a role model like McNabb who could teach him how to prepare properly. I think he'd just be a wasted talent, and wouldn't have improved at all. Troy Smith might just be closer to a finished product to begin with for all we know.

Yeah, I agree. We need playmakers, and not everyone can be a role model citizen like we'd prefer. We should have grabbed Moss, and Nolan should have kept Bryant from way back when. Maybe the next regime will bring along a little more common sense...

[ Edited by blunt_probe on Nov 15, 2010 at 20:42:55 ]
vick has given me 60 points in my fantasy league.....

Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
vick has given me 60 points in my fantasy league.....

He's totally worth the money....
Originally posted by horsecore:

poor andre..... bubba got in his way twice
  • Dino
  • Veteran
lazy bum
Originally posted by horsecore:

Everyone and their mother wanted to sign him in FA on this board though. Neverminding the fact that he hates the 3-4 and only played hard in his contract years.
Share 49ersWebzone