LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 295 users in the forums

Vikings Release MOSS!!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by valrod33:
Adam_Schefter

One more reason to claim WR Randy Moss: team that loses him this off-season in free agency could get back a compensatory draft pick.

Another reason: Keep him out of Seattle.

I'd pay money to keep him away from the rest of the NFC West....well actually now that I think about our playoff chances, what does it matter....
JasonLaCanfora

I'm hearing the Seahawks will not make a waiver claim on Randy Moss, and the Ravens would not claim Shawne Merriman, when he hits waivers
mattbarrows Sing wouldn't comment on R. Moss b/c Moss technically is still under contract. Of course, that only makes you think there could be interest.

I think SIng is really considering it and thats because everybody and their momma know that Sing is gone after this year barring some miracle Super Bowl Run

So why wouldnt Sing want to take a gamble on this he really has nothing to lose
mattbarrows Sing wouldn't comment on R. Moss b/c Moss technically is still under contract. Of course, that only makes you think there could be interest.

I think SIng is really considering it and thats because everybody and their momma know that Sing is gone after this year barring some miracle Super Bowl Run

Most definitely, if Sing doesn't want to taint his rep any further he's gonna have to do whatever it takes to win at this point! -If we could draft Crabtree; who fell into our hands (who had a shady/overblown reputation), I just don't see us passing up Moss on the waiver wire.

Hell, if Moss ends up lighting it up and breaking more of Jerry's records we can at least take comfort in knowing he was wearing the same Colors Jerry did whilst doin' it!
So how the f**k can other teams make a claim that they're interested but as soon as we say we like to give him a shot, we'll get hit with tampering charges. Any other frick frick fricking time, we don't get noticed at all by the NFL.

Can't be worse than starting a 3rd stringer.

Get Him!!
I don't think their record is bad enough for them to get him, but I could see TB being a good spot for him. Freeman has a strong arm and that combo could be trouble.

I hope it doesn't happen, since we have to play them.
  • dj43
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by dj43:
I can't wait to see Moss loaf through a pass route when he is not the primary target and then Singletary get in his face when he comes to the sideline. That would be worth the price of a ticket all by itself.

If fans thought the Alex Smith/Mike Singletary "discussion" a couple weeks ago had some fireworks, it would be nothing compared to Moss and Sing getting into it.

yeah, i would love to see that too.

Not that I think that Sing would be able to work his "Vernon Davis" magic with Moss, but I wonder if it would be a better pairing than some of us think. There are more negatives than positives to bringing in Moss, but his big problem in Minnesota seemed a complete lack of respect for Childress. Not that Sing has much reason to be respected as a coach, but maybe a hard-ass tough love HOF player could get Moss to play for half a season in order to get another contract with a contender...And if we win a few games and Troy is playing well, the whole atmosphere around the team improves and maybe Moss COULD provide that deep threat, offense-opening spark...IDK, there would be a lot of "Ifs" in bringing in Moss, and the big problem with it is that, IMO, we would be completely incapable of figuring out how to use him (which is so pathetic it hurts) and he would just get even pissier and self-and-team-destructive.

Its a high-risk, high-reward kind of situation. If I had faith in our ability to create an offense I would say its a brilliant opportunity. As it is, its probably a headache worth avoiding.
It would be fun to see what Mike Johnson could do with Moss, however, I just don't see Singletary cutting him loose that much.

Alas, I don't see any way Moss would agree to come here. He doesn't need the money and his HOF credentials are assured. He wants a ring and will do his best to go to a team with a locked up shot at the playoffs, ideally a shot at the SB.

I would love to see Moss go to Indy. If Moss loafed through a pattern with Manning, I'd bet Caldwell wouldn't even have to get involved - Peyton would have Moss's skinny behind stuffed in an equipment trunk before the cameras even realized anything was happening.

Seriously, even though Moss has lost a step, it would be fun to see the two of them playing together. That might be some serious air time.
The waiver process has begun. Hmmmmmmmm...
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
The waiver process has begun. Hmmmmmmmm...

we will know this time 2morrow

Originally posted by HessianDud:
I can't wait to see Moss loaf through a pass route when he is not the primary target and then Singletary get in his face when he comes to the sideline. That would be worth the price of a ticket all by itself.

If fans thought the Alex Smith/Mike Singletary "discussion" a couple weeks ago had some fireworks, it would be nothing compared to Moss and Sing getting into it.

yeah, i would love to see that too.

Not that I think that Sing would be able to work his "Vernon Davis" magic with Moss, but I wonder if it would be a better pairing than some of us think. There are more negatives than positives to bringing in Moss, but his big problem in Minnesota seemed a complete lack of respect for Childress. Not that Sing has much reason to be respected as a coach, but maybe a hard-ass tough love HOF player could get Moss to play for half a season in order to get another contract with a contender...And if we win a few games and Troy is playing well, the whole atmosphere around the team improves and maybe Moss COULD provide that deep threat, offense-opening spark...IDK, there would be a lot of "Ifs" in bringing in Moss, and the big problem with it is that, IMO, we would be completely incapable of figuring out how to use him (which is so pathetic it hurts) and he would just get even pissier and self-and-team-destructive.

Its a high-risk, high-reward kind of situation. If I had faith in our ability to create an offense I would say its a brilliant opportunity. As it is, its probably a headache worth avoiding.
It would be fun to see what Mike Johnson could do with Moss, however, I just don't see Singletary cutting him loose that much.

Alas, I don't see any way Moss would agree to come here. He doesn't need the money and his HOF credentials are assured. He wants a ring and will do his best to go to a team with a locked up shot at the playoffs, ideally a shot at the SB.

I would love to see Moss go to Indy. If Moss loafed through a pattern with Manning, I'd bet Caldwell wouldn't even have to get involved - Peyton would have Moss's skinny behind stuffed in an equipment trunk before the cameras even realized anything was happening.

Seriously, even though Moss has lost a step, it would be fun to see the two of them playing together. That might be some serious air time.

Moss + Manning would be ridiculously fun.

If we put in a claim for him, Moss would have no choice but to play here. We would have his rights. Unless he passes completely through waivers, which I doubt, he won't be able to choose where he goes. He will likely not end up with a contender, whether he likes that or not.

One would think that he would step it up for half a year in order to earn another contract with a contender next season, but who knows. The way he has self-destructed this year playing for two contenders doesn't bode well for him. It seriously seems like he has lost his mind.

I would be excited if we took a chance on him. Desperate times, you know? But I doubt we'll take that chance. And, if we did, like you said, I seriously doubt we would use him properly, which would only lead to more problems.

Still, the drama of it would add some much needed excitement to the rest of this season.
Moss and VD would trade blows fo sho!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Moss aint gay
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Moss aint gay

• JDog
  • Veteran
We are #4 in best oppurtunity to land Moss or Merriman. The 3 teams ahead of us are Buffalo, Carolina, and Dallas. Other than that, it's our own fault if we don't get one or both of them. We could shoot for both if we wanted to.
Share 49ersWebzone