LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Vikings Release MOSS!!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'm sure Singleterry is looking at the film right now.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

even if Moss came to SF, he won't be utilized to his strengths.

EX: Westbrook and the entire offense.
Go long!!
chilly already pissed off the owner and maybe on his way out
Originally posted by nothing03:
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Whats our spot in the waiver order?

http://www.nfl.com/standings

is it worst record?

Here is the waiver order. Yes it is by record,actually winning percentage.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/30725/nfl-waiver-claim-order

If jed has any balls they would pick up moss. If Eddie D is still the owner I know he will be all over Moss.

The thing with Moss is you are picking up a $6.4 mil tab for half a season of work. How familiar is he with the offense and how committed are you to ponying up for a player that might become disinterested if the losing continues.

If we had either a storng offensive coordinator or an offensive minded head coach with some creativity ,I would say sign him because that type of coach will be able to get him involved sooner rather than later. however, given who we have at Head Coach and the fact our OC although an improvement from what we had, has not been able to inject a whole lot of creativity in this offense, I say pass.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

LOL!

potd
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Remember how Moss produced with the Raiders? That's what he would do if we had him.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Remember how Moss produced with the Raiders? That's what he would do if we had him.

Who cares? At least Crabtree wouldn't have as many double teams on him with a threat like Moss downfield.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

Who cares? At least Crabtree wouldn't have as many double teams on him with a threat like Moss downfield.

That's true, we could use a deep option opposite Crabby and it'd be nice to block the Rams. We should claim him for the heck of it just to stop a potential Bradford to Moss combination.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

That's true, we could use a deep option opposite Crabby and it'd be nice to block the Rams. We should claim him for the heck of it just to stop a potential Bradford to Moss combination.

I like this idea.

• dj43
I can't wait to see Moss loaf through a pass route when he is not the primary target and then Singletary get in his face when he comes to the sideline. That would be worth the price of a ticket all by itself.

If fans thought the Alex Smith/Mike Singletary "discussion" a couple weeks ago had some fireworks, it would be nothing compared to Moss and Sing getting into it.
Originally posted by dj43:
I can't wait to see Moss loaf through a pass route when he is not the primary target and then Singletary get in his face when he comes to the sideline. That would be worth the price of a ticket all by itself.

If fans thought the Alex Smith/Mike Singletary "discussion" a couple weeks ago had some fireworks, it would be nothing compared to Moss and Sing getting into it.

yeah, i would love to see that too.

Not that I think that Sing would be able to work his "Vernon Davis" magic with Moss, but I wonder if it would be a better pairing than some of us think. There are more negatives than positives to bringing in Moss, but his big problem in Minnesota seemed a complete lack of respect for Childress. Not that Sing has much reason to be respected as a coach, but maybe a hard-ass tough love HOF player could get Moss to play for half a season in order to get another contract with a contender...And if we win a few games and Troy is playing well, the whole atmosphere around the team improves and maybe Moss COULD provide that deep threat, offense-opening spark...IDK, there would be a lot of "Ifs" in bringing in Moss, and the big problem with it is that, IMO, we would be completely incapable of figuring out how to use him (which is so pathetic it hurts) and he would just get even pissier and self-and-team-destructive.

Its a high-risk, high-reward kind of situation. If I had faith in our ability to create an offense I would say its a brilliant opportunity. As it is, its probably a headache worth avoiding.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I like this idea.

Except we brought in Ginn to fulfill just that same purpose. While Ginn is no Moss, I can't see Moss having that great of an impact. Our offense and the whole philosophy is just not built for explosive plays down the field.

-9fA
"time to bring out your old 84 moss jerseys".... and put them back where you got them from
I still can't see why they did this. The Vikes have lots of banged up WR's. They needed to keep him. I would at least try him for more than 1 month. I know he only plays when he wants to play. But when he does he is sensational. There is some good and bad with Moss. But IMO there is more good to him stretching the defense and just being on the field opening things up.
Share 49ersWebzone