LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Vikings Release MOSS!!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Notable waiver-order teams: Rams (13th), Raiders (14th), Redskins (15th), Seahawks (16th), Bears (17th), Dolphins (18th), Chiefs (25th). from Schefters twitter.

Some analyst thinks the Rams might be in play for Moss since they lost their start WR. Bradford to Moss.
This is the most jacked up week in Football... 49ers win in London, McNabb is benched for Rex Grosman who comes out and fumbles first snap under center, Randy Moss gets cut by the Vikings, Favre gets his bell rung/chin gashed open, Raiders have accumulated 92 points in 2 weeks, Jacksonville and Detroit beat "toughest divisional teams" Cowboys and Redskins. LMAO wow what a Trick or Treat week.
Originally posted by nothing03:
Notable waiver-order teams: Rams (13th), Raiders (14th), Redskins (15th), Seahawks (16th), Bears (17th), Dolphins (18th), Chiefs (25th). from Schefters twitter.

Some analyst thinks the Rams might be in play for Moss since they lost their start WR. Bradford to Moss.

we'd be f**kED!!! seriously.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

we already f**ked we are 2-6

maybe it'll be a blessing in disguise and he'll totally destroy the team with his weirdness.
Originally posted by susweel:

we already f**ked we are 2-6

i know, but still....
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
If the 9ers claim Moss, it would cost us his current salary (3+million) for 8 games. He is a FA after the year, is it really worth it for a 2-6 team to pay Moss for 8 games ?

i think so. in fact, i'd rather do that than be on the hook for a longer contract. He would be a rental. If the team truly believes they can still make the playoffs, they should try to get him.

Does anyone actually believe with Moss we could win 7 of our last 8 games ?

5 games against division opponents though. I think you can make the argument that if we win all 5 of those games and 1 game against Tampa, GB or San Diego we have a pretty good chance at the playoffs.

Is 8-8 good enough to win this division ? Can we actually win 6 of 8 games, 5 of which are divisional ? Will Moss want to be here and will he clash or coincide with Sing's personality...which Moss shows up here ?

There are a lot of IF's and questions that surround this all and I am not sure he provides all the answers to the questions.

would you be willing to pay $8million to find the answer

He'd cost 3.3 for the remaining 8 games. Factor in that he doesn't know our playbook or have any chemistry with our QB (whoever that guy is), doesn't exactly sound like a recipe for winning enough games to go to the playoffs.

i had a dyslexic moment right there.

i'm not saying we NEED to do this (and we WON'T). but you just won't see me complaining if we do.

i just came to my senses. screw him.
Reality check.

Yes Moss can be a head case. Now take this into account. Who ever signs him will be his THIRD team this season.

I'm sure he's smart enough to know that with 8 games left in the season if he doesn't clean up his act and go all out he loses money next season.

I'd welcome him with open arms.

Release Hill take Moss. It's a win-win situation.
the problem is not moss but our playcalling and our QBs...we don't have such a big "pass over 40 yards" credibility so that i don't think that the opp will concentrate more than one player on him in long-term.
Whats our spot in the waiver order?

Originally posted by socalfan21:

http://www.nfl.com/standings

We are fourth behind Buffalo, Carolina and Dallas.

Whoever picks him up has to pickup his 6.4 mil contract for this year. As said earlier Seattle and the Rams are definitely in play for him as are the Redskins and Dolphins among others.
Originally posted by redrathman:

is it worst record?
Originally posted by redrathman:

is it worst record?

Here is the waiver order. Yes it is by record,actually winning percentage.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/30725/nfl-waiver-claim-order
If he gets passed the Cowgirls, we must claim him, if we don't want him to go to a division rival.
Share 49ersWebzone