There are 222 users in the forums

Would Alex Smith even re-sign if offered??

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by binary2nd:
lol@ the thought of SD giving up one of the top 6 QBs in the league for Alex Smith, what a way to kill your credibility. I'm being patient with Smith, I think he can be successful in a spread style Offense, but that is simply ridiculous.

This is all you have? To you it's "simply ridiculous"?

Take my post put anyone else's name to it and email it to ProFootball Weekly or any one of the big name Rags and then get back to me with their response.

Cause I don't believe that you've done enough to warrant a victory here.

You don't use any logic and you don't even try some facts. You just refuse to be a "homer"(not that I'm using that logic to justify my argument and hadn't even made the attempt) and since you see what all the other sheep see you refuse to give my stance any merit.

That's fine but I'll be sure to rub your nose in my ridiculous logic if and when this happens. If you're up to a little ridicule.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
No way Alex resigns with this team if Singletary is still the HC.

Singletary has proven that he will hinder any offense to the point of being ineffective, even if it means loss after loss. Look at Jimmy Raye after he was fired, there is all the proof you need. Jimmy Raye was easily the biggest Sing fan around, blindly following any and all orders. After Sing fired him, he said what we all had suspected all along. Raye was only calling the kind of game that Sing wanted, plain and simple.

It was/is Singletary's fault that the team has lost 3 games by 3 points or less
Sounds kind of familiar for some reason doesn't it? Maybe that's because the Niners are repeating history from last season, the team lost 6 games by 7 points or less. In almost every game, we saw Sing's "vision" of an offense sputter for the majority of the game. Alex is not a game manager, everyone including Sing knows that. Yet, Sing continues with his "vision" even as the loses rack up.

If you were Alex, would you resign with this team if Sing was still in charge? No way in hell......

I agree with your points, but there is NO way Sing is back next year. Even if they made the playoffs, it would be because they ditched his philosophy somewhere and started playing modern football. Jed York has to realize by now that Singletary-ball is the antithesis of what the 9ers stand for.

Minnesota, the Skins and even San Diego are in this mix. I say San Diego cause Norv is a good friend of Smith's and I think Rivers is done in San Diego. He's got worse mechanics than Smith does and Norv knows Alex can run his Offense.

~Ceadder

This might be the dumbest thing I've read on this forum. C'mon man.

Do tell. I'm interested to see how this is dumber than anything you post.

~Ceadder

Rivers is done in San Diego? lol, that's their franchise QB.
I would like to hear from those who live in San Diego area. There seems to be a sentiment down there that the chemistry between Rivers and his teammates has gone sour. He is very out-spoken, to the point that some teammates have turned him off.

I live in SD and nothing could be further from the truth. The feeling down here is the Chargers are having a LOT of issues on ST's. They are without David Binn and they let Kasim Osgood get away in the off season. They have given up 3-4 td's on special teams alone. Rivers was on pace to pass the single season passing yd record, that without having Vincent Jackson. Also, they are having some O-line issues but they just got back Marcus McNeil. So despite what CEADDER or whoever thinks that Rivers is done in SD its NOT even close to happening.

Oh really?

How do you account for Rivers numbers not being all that dissimilar to Smith's numbers on the season. Btw Yardage Smardage. You an I both know that YAC yards make up at least Half the total of a QBs' statistical record. Smith just put two scores through the air on the Raiders and the Bolts got their buts kicked by them. Was it a ST loss? Yeah you could say that but what was Rivers and the Offense doing sitting on the bench the whole game? C'mon man you and I both know better than this and you and I both know that the level of patience in San Diego will not stand for a losing season when they've been wanting a Super Bowl and had the team to give them one. You can only blame the Head Coach for so long before that tired argument gets deflated like a spacesuit under negative pressure.

I don't have to be in San Diego to know this. Shootenheimer was shown the door and now 4 years later Norv looks to be on his way out.

Eli Manning the man that rebuffed the Boltz got himself a ring 5 years in and Rivers is nowhere near an appearance in the big dance.

You expect me and everyone else to believe that Rivers won't be held accountable? In the land of Dan Fouts and Air Coryell? Look how much our fans try to hold Smith accountable. Even blaming him for our Defensive miscues. If our Defense holds up in 3 of the 5 losses Smith is still gonna be a scapegoat here?

Dude please, I think the San Diego fans you know are a bunch of Homers.

~Ceadder
  • dj43
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by valrod33:
SF, Buffalo, Jacksonville are the only places where he could compete as a starter

Carolina, Oakland

I think oakland is good with Gradkowski/Campbell

Yah Gradknowski is better then Smith.

Yah, but Campbell is worse. That proves Smith is starter material.
Just watch . . . if Smith becomes available AT LEAST 32 teams will be scrapping for his services! GUARANTEED.

Yah as a back up.

there will be a team that will pick him up to be a starter. There is at least 5-8 teams that would sign him to be a starter.

Are you serious Dog?????????? Can't be.. You must be his cousin...
Go to the NFL site and study the QB stats. Don't just look at rating because rating cover up certain things like the fact three of Smith's INTs were very catchable balls that bounced off receiver's hands to defenders. You can click on top of a category and it will show you the rankings for that category. In many cases, Smith is in the mid to high teens. Only his INTs pull his rating into the mid 20s.

Now compare him to other QBs around the league. You will see he is clearly in the same class as roughly 10 other STARTING players.

I'm not saying that is good, or even acceptable for a franchise fan base that is spoiled by 20+ years of Montana/Young/Garcia. I am only saying that there are AT LEAST 5-8 teams that would consider him as good as the guy currently starting for them.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yah Rivers is really done in San Diego

Since you don't believe me binary...

San Diego's current record...

San Diego 2-4-0 .333

A.J. Smith is chomping at the bit right now I imagine.

Rivers current stats...

220 attempts/ 137 completions/ 2,008 yds/ 12 TD/ 5 INT/ 4 Fumbles.

Smith's current stats...

223 attempts/ 134 completions/ 1,425 yds/ 8 TD/ 9 INT/ 3 Fumbles.

Their numbers are only different because the Bolts arguably have better Receivers than we do. But they are not so different that Rivers looks like a diamond compared to Smith. Yards are better cause Rivers Receivers get YAC. Ours rarely do.

Rivers has hit his ceiling and Smith hasn't hit his. People here keep selling the guy short. And to be honest I don't blame people for questioning the guy but Norv got quite a bit from the guy in his 1st year in the system. Can you see a better fit for Alex than San Diego? I can't. Oh he would do pretty good in Minnesota, but I could see this scenario working out if Rivers has any time left on his contract, they trade Rivers to Minnesota and Smith gets picked up by the Boltz.

If this happens, San Diego will get some protection for him and they'll spend a high pick on some more talent as well. They aren't as far out of it as people think they are.

It's Super Bowl or Bust for Rivers. Eli Manning got a Super Bowl for the Giants in his 5th year. Rivers keeps going nowhere.

~Ceadder

Ceadder, did you just compare Alex f**king Smith to Phillip Rivers?? I try to stay out of these Smith arguments, but this is just plain moronic!!! I've lost all respect for your comments on the zone man. You are the opposite extreme of Shaj.

Why is it always something other than the QB?? Rivers has been consistent his entire career and has been a top tier QB since he's been starting in this league. As to hitting a ceiling.... I would kill for Alex to hit the midpoint to River's ceiling for just 1 year.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

San Diego 2-4-0 .333

Rivers current stats...

Smith's current stats...

Their numbers are only different because the Bolts arguably have better Receivers than we do. But they are not so different that Rivers looks like a diamond compared to Smith. Yards are better cause Rivers Receivers get YAC. Ours rarely do.

Rivers has hit his ceiling and Smith hasn't hit his. People here keep selling the guy short. And to be honest I don't blame people for questioning the guy but Norv got quite a bit from the guy in his 1st year in the system. Can you see a better fit for Alex than San Diego? I can't. Oh he would do pretty good in Minnesota, but I could see this scenario working out if Rivers has any time left on his contract, they trade Rivers to Minnesota and Smith gets picked up by the Boltz.

If this happens, San Diego will get some protection for him and they'll spend a high pick on some more talent as well. They aren't as far out of it as people think they are.

It's Super Bowl or Bust for Rivers. Eli Manning got a Super Bowl for the Giants in his 5th year. Rivers keeps going nowhere.

~Ceadder

Ceadder, did you just compare Alex f**king Smith to Phillip Rivers?? I try to stay out of these Smith arguments, but this is just plain moronic!!! I've lost all respect for your comments on the zone man. You are the opposite extreme of Shaj.

Why is it always something other than the QB?? Rivers has been consistent his entire career and has been a top tier QB since he's been starting in this league. As to hitting a ceiling.... I would kill for Alex to hit the midpoint to River's ceiling for just 1 year.

Rivers = Smith..................WOW

only in NT
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by valrod33:
SF, Buffalo, Jacksonville are the only places where he could compete as a starter

Carolina, Oakland

I think oakland is good with Gradkowski/Campbell

Yah Gradknowski is better then Smith.

Yah, but Campbell is worse. That proves Smith is starter material.
Just watch . . . if Smith becomes available AT LEAST 32 teams will be scrapping for his services! GUARANTEED.

Yah as a back up.

there will be a team that will pick him up to be a starter. There is at least 5-8 teams that would sign him to be a starter.

Are you serious Dog?????????? Can't be.. You must be his cousin...

Smith will at least be in line for a #1 QB competition on some other teams in the league. He's played well in two nationally televised games, and as dj43 has said, most teams know about the many deficiencies on our team. Being a successful QB in this system is damn near impossible, and other teams know this.

San Diego 2-4-0 .333

Rivers current stats...

Smith's current stats...

~Ceadder

only in NT

Exactly. I try REALLY HARD not to react to this kinda s**t, but some people really don't have a f**king clue of what they are talking about! I cant wait until the day that Alex grabs his bags for the last time and leaves the 49ers facility.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
lol@ the thought of SD giving up one of the top 6 QBs in the league for Alex Smith, what a way to kill your credibility. I'm being patient with Smith, I think he can be successful in a spread style Offense, but that is simply ridiculous.

This is all you have? To you it's "simply ridiculous"?

Take my post put anyone else's name to it and email it to ProFootball Weekly or any one of the big name Rags and then get back to me with their response.

Cause I don't believe that you've done enough to warrant a victory here.

You don't use any logic and you don't even try some facts. You just refuse to be a "homer"(not that I'm using that logic to justify my argument and hadn't even made the attempt) and since you see what all the other sheep see you refuse to give my stance any merit.

That's fine but I'll be sure to rub your nose in my ridiculous logic if and when this happens. If you're up to a little ridicule.

~Ceadder

Is your name in real life Jordan because I haven't seen a poster as creative as you in a long time...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

San Diego 2-4-0 .333

Rivers current stats...

Smith's current stats...

~Ceadder

only in NT

Exactly. I try REALLY HARD not to react to this kinda s**t, but some people really don't have a f**king clue of what they are talking about! I cant wait until the day that Alex grabs his bags for the last time and leaves the 49ers facility.

I to am looking forward to that day.

Originally posted by English:

San Diego 2-4-0 .333

Rivers current stats...

Smith's current stats...

~Ceadder

THIS IS THE WORST POST EVERRRRR!!!! Dude you gotta stop ridin' Smiths jock! You have lost ANY and ALL credibilty concerning this guy!

Ceadder argues his case with logic. You have the freedom to agree or disagree. Your argument, on the other hand, consists of oh lord smileys.

Flawed "logic" doesn't deserve a long drawn out post. it gets what it deserves, oh lords and smileys.

Prove to me with reason and LOGIC that it is flawed.

How many years has Rivers had as a Starter?

His mechanics are good or bad or mechanics don't mean a damned thing in the grand scheme of his career?

Oh and how bout that Line? Think a mobile Smith would be better than an immobile Rivers or worse?

And finally isn't it widely accepted that Smith's "best statistical year" (I don't think it is but whatever) in '06 due to Norvel's influence and Offense?

Oh hold up spoke too soon for finally...

Hasn't Smith gotten BETTER as a QB in each HEALTHY season he's played for this team?

Okay now prove that my stance is ridiculous. You don't wish to believe that Smith is valuable to anyone. And you seem to believe that Rivers is indispensable to San Diego. Please tell me what Rivers has done in the weak AFC West that warrants respect over what Smith has yet to achieve on this crappy team. I do not believe this team is crap but let's face it we all know we overachieved the last few years. But it's Smith's fault our Seasons end when they do right? I mean JT O'Sullivan, injuries and a crappy OLine had absolutely nothing to do with our fortunes right?

So please Prove your case.

~Ceadder

Wow! where should I begin????

Rivers:
63% career passer
16,595 yds
7.9 per attempt
118 td's / 50 int's

46 wins 18 loses

Smith:
56% career passer
8,454 yds
6.1 per attempt
45 td's / 52 ints

16 wins / 24 loses!!

Riverss is 3-4 in the playoffs

Smith has NEVER been to the playoffs.
Shall I go on???
If he has a strong season then he would...he has nowhere else to go really
Not sure what knuckled would put something as dumb as smith for rivers, yes, in fact you do lose any credibility making a statement like that. Right now, Smith is playing himself into a backup role with a team. Whether that changes depends on the rest of the year.
Here’s a quick list of teams Smith could be on next year…

START RIGHT AWAY
Arizona – Their QB situation is weak. They run a pretty versatile offense and I’m sure Alex wouldn’t mind throwing to Fitz.
Oakland – I’m sure all of us would get a shot in Oakland.

COMPETE FOR STARTING JOB
Cleveland – Desperate for a QB.
Minnesota – LOT of weapons. They love throwing the ball.
Cincinnati – Palmer is usually solid but he’s just not getting it done. Smith could at least compete.
Kansas City – Outside shot but I don’t think Smith is LESS talented than Cassell. You could argue Smith is just a mobile version of him if anything.
Tampa Bay – Freeman is solid. If the Bucs cant put together a winning season, it wouldn’t hurt for them to have someone compete with Josh.
Buffalo – Shaky QB situation. Smith could def compete.

BACK UP WITH POTENTIAL TO START
Seattle – Probably sit for a year if Hasslebeck stays but he could start 2012 or sooner if Matt gets injured.
Washington – McNabb isn’t getting younger. Smith could sit and learn for a year.
Dallas - Romo is falling out of favor with fans. He’d have a LONG outside shot of starting but he’d be a solid back up to Romo and could provide a spark if Romo doesn’t get it done. Very long shot though.

STRICTLY BACK UP
Indy – Watch and learn in an ideal offense and learn from the elite.
New England – See above.
I think Ceadarmann is an attention whore. His posts are always to long to read and he must be Alex's cousin or uncle.
Share 49ersWebzone